Arrears with Virgin Media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We currently have approx 4 months arrears with Virgin Media roughly £450.

Our service was reduced by them in October when we where 2 months in arrears. We've phoned them and the only way to get the channels restored is to pay the arrears off in full. We can accept this but we are debating with them that why should we be charged the full cost of the service, currently £90 a month if we have not had this service available.

I don't mind paying for the service we have had , down to the minimun of about 8 channels, no phone or broadband but why should I pay for for something that I have not had. Virgin say that the full amount is due as it's our fault we have not had the service and not theirs.

Any ideas on how to go about this. If we keep getting billed the full amount each month we will never catch up

Kaz

I would say that Virgin have you by the short and curlys.

I'm struggling to think what service you receive for 450 quid over a 4 month period. That appears to be a very very large monthly bill!!

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales

Kaz

I can't help thinking that you have (did have) a very nice package with Virgin, BUT if you cannot afford it (you are behind with payments which implies there is some sort of cash flow issue) then you really really ought to look at where you really should be spending your hard earned cash.

It's like this. When we had to tighten our belts, the first thing we dumped was the Sky package. We trimmed 50 quid a month from our bills. 50 x 12months = 900 pounds gross per year to cover that Sky bill alone.

Your bill is substantially more than this, and i would imagine that the first thing you might liken to consider is dumping this package before they get nasty with you for arrears.

I'm just imploring some common sense. I am not trying to be patronising or snooty. Sure - a nice cable package is lovely, but not if you are unable to make the payments.

Sorry if this is not what you logged in to hear

Cheers, Vex

I've no problem with this it's just persuading the other half it's a good ideal. May try that he's managed this long without do we really need it.

Maybe worth looking into cheaper packages as daft as it might seem having the tv package and broadband stops us going out.

Now Christmas/New Year are out of the way we may be able to get straight.

I've no problem with this it's just persuading the other half it's a good ideal. May try that he's managed this long without do we really need it.

Maybe worth looking into cheaper packages as daft as it might seem having the tv package and broadband stops us going out.

Now Christmas/New Year are out of the way we may be able to get straight.

I agree in part. Broadband actually saves me money in many areas, but even that has been trimmed back. We don't do bit torrent or down load a lot of music so we told BT that we didn't need a 'no limits' package. I'd struggle to think how we would manage without B/Band now, but we have BT's entry level package, and we have never exceeded the monthly traffic limits.

TV package - There's nowt on TV that is compelling viewing now that Sopranos and Curb your enthusiasm is over. I GUESS I"M JUST GETTING OLD :lol:

Revue your outgoings and see how much utility you REALLY get from all of these things. You'll be much happier with cash in your pocket, than if you are flat broke at the end of each month but with all the frills. Trust me.

Best of Luck, Vex

Hi Kasma

I have problems every month with Virgin regarding our bills, Your bills will no doubt have late payment fees added, and also if you have been late in paying any of your previous bill prior to October again they will be late payments fees on that as well.

What I suggest is you send a S.A.R Subject Access Report off to them with £10 to see what fees they have charged you, and start claiming these back, it may not help you short term, but it will reduce your amount that you owe.

Meanwhile I would send them a letter offering to pay what you can afford each month until the debt is clear and also ask them to cancel your contract, so as your not paying for something you have no access to.

Also check the T & C's of virgin media Because I have checked them many times and never come across anything stating that they will still charge you if your services are suspended.

hope that helps a wee bit.

Just remember to keep smiling and ask if you need help. :-)

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter, cos I come from Lincolnshire, and I can drive a tractor.

CCA sent to robinson way Halifax cc. 22/02/07~Sold on to Aktiv Kapital~How can you take them seriously when they can't spell properly

Data Protection Act sent to HBOS Current Account 22/02/07~All quiet

Over 2 yaers I've been a member~Doesn`t time fly when your having fun~or beating DCA's at their own game

One other point Kazma

If you are out of your contract period, you may be able to move your contract to someone else, and from there reclaim any charges that you feel have been applied in error.

I haven't looked at these packages dfor a while now, but you might find that the deals between the copper supplikers (as opposed to fibre optic) are more keenly prices

If you attempt this whilst they are still supplying you, one would expect them to sulk and disrupt your service.

Once again - all the best, Vex