TonyT & Searchlight Security & Parking Solutions’ cornwall 'speculative invoice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know sometimes it is hard to think that it is a simple case of just ignoring them. I see its your first posting but I don't know if you have had a look around. If not I suggest you do and see how many have received these invoices and chose to ignore them. You will see some posts where people have claimed to have received court papers. Some of these are false some can be genuine. You will see that some companies try it some don't bother although they all send the threats and the nonsensical letters spouting all sorts of laws and regulations. No one here can say you will not receive a genuine county court claim but if you were one of the minuscule few who do there are members here who I am sure could help build a defence against any claim. I have chosen to ignore so far its worked for me.

By the way you will see the occasional PPC troll pop up but you can normally spot them as they never return with the facts!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks for your quick reply, I have looked elsewhere and found other sites, one of the other sites had a thread about Searchlight but the last post was back in 2008 this thread was the most recent hence why im here. Im still in two minds at to if I should pay, I think £40 or £80 for the sake of 10 mins is a joke but I dont really fancy getting a bad credit rating or having problems like Milly Molly .

Rob

You cant get a bad credit rating as you have never had an account with them. Even if and I say if they won a CCJ if you paid it within 28 days it would not effect your credit rating. However the choice is yours if you will sleep easier then do as you feel best. I can see your point and for peace of mind £40 is not a lot.

I have just done a bit of research on Searchlight Security & Parking Solutions. Back in 2008 they were leaving bits of paper on cars which had the heading "Penalty Charge Notice" and with the warning "It is an offence for any unauthorised person to remove or interfere with this notice". Talk about delusions of grandeur.

May I correct a few errors in your post. For a start they are not "fines", they are invoices. The legal expert on Watchdog said that these charges are unenforceable . The landowner can only claim for the actual loss suffered and not demand a penalty. Could you tell us is Searchlight Security & Parking Solutions a member of the BPA ? and what are your comments on that company's illegal use of such phrases as ""Penalty Charge Notice" and "It is an offence for any unauthorised person to remove or interfere with this notice".

Wow the PPCs are really feeling the pinch now as more and more of their intended victims wise up and ignore the unenforcible invoices that these clowns send out,

The message is getting through,the PPcs are hurting, and the victims are saved from paying out needlessly for "pretend" parking tickets

Down to the job centre for the PPC parasites, although I bet there are not too many jobs for chancers at the moment.

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

Unfortunately I can't paste direct links yet, but after Googling Searchlight I found a great video on Y**tube created by a driver who wasn't impressed by these (Non-expletive deleted)ers. Maybe after watching the video one of the veteran posters here can link it.

Simply go to youtube and paste

Searchlight security and parking solutions/ lizard point cornwall

It should take you to the right spot. Clever video but would have been better at a reduced speed.

Edited by kid curry

Have actually taken anyone to court? As you know the law of contract states that you can only claim for actuall material loss suffered by the land-owner. Anything above that will be deemed an unfair penalty. Your comments are welcome.

Half right...

2 issues - privity of contract and lack of consideration flowing from the PPC - the purported contract is presumably between the PPC and the driver, but the PPC has -provided no consideration (unless they have a proprietary interest in the land) and therefore have no claim under contract law.

If the contract is between the landowner (or other party with a proprietary interest), then consideration (use of the car park) has flowed from them and they would be entiled to recover their losses from a breach of contract (assuming that the signs were sufficiently clearly worded and prominent as to constitute an offer which would be accepted by parking, and that the clauses were all legitimate, etc.). However, in this scenario, the PPC are not a party to the contract between the landowner and the driver and would have no claim under it.

Searchlight Security and Parking Solutions Ltd

1. Not listed at Companies House as a registered company.

2. Address - only a PO Box number in Penzance. Why???

3. Contact Details - nil other than PO Box. Why???

4. Not on the British Parking Association Members of the Approved Operators Scheme list (summer 2010)...whatever that means!!!

5. PPC Troll posts recently!!!

6. Haven't chased me since issuing my ticket in summer 2010 (5 months ago) - probably don't know where I live, so therefore can't chase me because I didn't contact them to contest the PCCN in the first place!!!

...but my PCCN was signed by someone with am illegible surname but whose first initial is D. Could it be Mrs D Seale who posted recently??? And for her info, the reason why people spend time on forums like this is because of the principle of how Searchlight go about conducting their business.

Therefore from experience thus far...when issued a PCCN at Lamorna - ignore it, do not contact them to contest.......but keep the paperwork just in case. That is the information I needed when I first visited the forum having been given a PCCN at Lamorna.

ok the trolls have eaten the spam with associated posts as a filling

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on my situation I got a letter from the debt collectors the other day demanding immediate payment or I will face further charges and/or court action. I guess it is possible for them to trace you via a number plate, never mind im going to sit tight as the letter says "your vehicle was parked" not me directly.

Will or MAY face court action ?? ha ha usual PPC tripe in the hope that you will crumble, needless to say you are getting close to the end of the $ cam expect a couple more threatograms and then they will give up and go away

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

• 1 month later...

phishing list !!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

The gist of the letter is, this gentleman paid £205 for the release of his sons car to a private clamping firm and then he sued the clamping firm on line for making an unlawfull demand.He obtained a county court judgemant against them.The hard part was getting the money out of them. The company operated out of an accommodation address.On its website it said it was a member of the British Parking Association. When help was enlisted from them no reply was obtained to 3 enquiries. He did eventually recover his debt and costs. It seems that the very orginisation (the BPA) which would not respond to his letters is is campaining for better regulation of Private clamping operators.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone - I too received a 'speculative invoice' from Searchlight Parking at Lamorna Cove a few months ago. Thanks to your forum I can see I am not alone and will also ignore the letters I'll receive. Mine was a similar story - went to the cafe to get change for the machine - came back mins later with a ticket from a sneaky man in a car with blacked out windows.

After some web research I can see that the owner of Lamorna Cove & Cafe Roy Stevenson - also owns Searchlight Security & Parking and runs it from Lamorna via a PO Box in Penzance. He has been criticised in the local press but chooses to ignore it.

One thing you can do is feedback to Roy by giving him a poor review on Google Places. This is very effective as it feeds in to google search where most people go to find info about a place. If you've had a bad experience at Lamorna due to the parking add a review like me on their Google Places Page - I can't link to it on the forum but type in Lamorna Cove Cornwall on Google Maps and then click on Reviews (don't click on the one for the Cove Hotel which is another business).

Thanks!

Edited by pby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks