Bromley PCN parked on pavement 7pm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I know a lot of the advice from this site relates to private companies, but wanted to seek advice on a PCN I got this week.

I parked on a pavement (well, one wheel on the pavement) with a single yellow line at 6.54pm to attend my son's carol service. I thought it was ok given it was after 6.30pm.

A lot of other cars were also parked there, so I thought it was ok, but when we came out of the service at 8.30pm we all got parking notices.

There were no signs to indicate you can't parked there.

I'm planning to appeal, do I have any hope of winning?

1 please post the ticket, it depends on what you have been ticketed for.

2 as far as I am aware it is illegal to park with any wheel on the pavement at any time (exept where specific provision for parking on the pavement is in force.)

If you can post the ticket front and back (remove your registration number) we can check it to see if there are any inconsistencies.

You say there are NO signs visible from where you parked? can you please check that.

ok, I'll try and type the most important bits

Was seen at Hayes Road (BR2)

At: 18:54

Date of contravention: 16/12/2008

Civil Enforcement Officer number 150 believed that the following contravention was commited.

"Parked with one or more wheels on any part of an urban road other than a carriageway".

Contravention code: 62

The rest is basically, the amount of the charge and the discount you'll get if paid within 14 days.

At the back of the notice, goes on about how to challenge the notice and the grounds you could use to challenge it.

Does this help?

Assuming its in London unless you are in a marked bay there is very little chance of getting off the actual contravention, Parking on the footway has been illegal in London for years unless you are loading which you say you were not. You can only hope that there is something fundamentally wrong with the paperwork or else paying at the 50% discount would be the best option.

• Haha 1

So I have no choice, but to pay?

You could try informal reps say you only parked a few mins to collect/drop your child from/to the service and ask for mitigation to be taken into consideration, then you could still pay at the 50% if they say no. Other than that there is not much else you can do.....sorry! :(

Another question, do you count the xmas holidays for the 14 days discount?

If I have to pay, I'll prefer to pay at the end of the month. Right now all my funds are tied up with xmas.

The date of the notice is 16/12/08 and 14days after is the 30th which is a day before payday.

They have a 24hr pay service