Halifax CCA received is this enforceable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no i've never had a default or termination notice from halifax, i have sent 2 credit agreement requests and an SAR but never seen anything of a default notice despite the fact they claim to have sent me one in one of their previous letters.

have you done a subject access request? how long ago did you stop paying?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

quick update here,

just received a letter from Capquest stating that Halifax are offering me an opportunity to pay a lower amount as full and final settlement.

If I wish to discuss this offer, I need to contact Capquest before 12th July otherwise it may be withdrawn and further legal recovery action may commence.

The only thing they don't state in the letter, is the amount that Halifax are now willing to accept.

Capquest just try to keep up the pressure. This is the usual response from a DCA which knows it can do nothing legally. It says it "may" do this and it "may" do that. IF CrapQuest had anything they could move forward with legally, they would have done so long before now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Capquest appear to have decided not to pursue this one.

This morning a letter arrived from Wescott who it seems are now the company taking this one over.

so for anyone following this and to summarise.

so far we have had

Blair Oliver and Scott

Moorcroft

Capquest (who offered a reduced amount)

Wescott

Anyway a letter to Wescott will be leaving shortly.

I wonder how many more DCA's Halifax will send this to?

subbing - i'm way behind but similar circs

good luck

why dont you sent whichever DCA contacts you the letter that cerberusalert posted on here for you? each and every time a new DCS gets involved I would send the earlier letter as it's to the point etc etc

once again good luck

TB

• 1 month later...

Well it appears that Wescot didn't like my reply to their letter.

They now state that they have been in touch with Halifax who have informed them that the documents they have supplied to me are legal and binding and as such fulfils their obligations (where have I heard that before?)

Consequently, Wescot now expect payment or my further reasons for my dispute within fourteen days.

Edited by sam tyler

Hi Sam, I'm surprised that I haven't spotted this thread sooner as it's very similar to my own dispute with Halifax: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?86614-Fred-Bassett-v-Halifax

Good luck.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi Sam,

Just checking back on my own thread, I realised that I was already aware of yours, but for some reason I didn't subscribe to it.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 2 weeks later...

well I sent a letter to Wescot outlining the reasons for my dispute, mainly no prescribed terms and conditions and surprise surprise : it was ignored.

I today received a letter from Nelson Guest Solicitors threatening legal recovery if no payment offer is made within 10 days time.

I will send a copy of the same letter to Mr Nelson but I don't expect it will do any good.

Can advise further on this as its now gone to a solicitor

does a default notice which doesn't give 14 days to respond apply to an overdraft account?

What does the DN states, under which section of the CCA? If it is not under section 87(1) but 76(1) or 98(1) then the rules are a bit different and they can give only 7 days.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

The Default Notice is, dated 1st October 2009. It states

To remedy the breach in the terms and conditions an amount of £251.12 must be made before 30th October 2009.

then a second letter dated 14th October 2009 states the following

A default notice has been issued to you as you are in breach of the terms and conditions of your agreement.

You have failed to repay the requested amount by the date shown in the notice. As a result we have terminated your credit agreement.

Your account will now be managed by Debt Recovery Dept. No further notices will be given and you are therefore requested to telephone us immediately to discuss repayment.

Nelson Guest are at the next desk to Westcot.

All this "we expect payment or will take legal action" - uummmmm, go on then - see ya in court!!

Oops, I must have misunderstood - you expect me to pay up on an unenforceable debt and you not gonna supply the documents that would prove you have the right to enforce it ?? What a shame muppets, now go and get lost and leave me in peace to enjoy my life without cretins like you invading it.

You've send them the dispute letter - dont waste your ink and stamps :)

Can you tell I dont feel well this morning?? LOL

Edited by mkb

• 1 month later...

Hi Sam. I'm at exactly the same point as you with my Halifax CCA, up to dealing with Nelson Guest and Wescot.

I've been following all the great advice given by Caggers but not posted before. After such a long time I was beginning to lose my bottle but after reading your thread I'm now back on track!

8-)

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a DSAR and an SAR? I expected to see copies of all the letters I'd sent to the Halifax in mine but they were not included.

Hi Gileon

I know exactly how you feel, there have been so many occasions when I have felt like giving in and making a payment arrangement with Halifax but this site has kept me going.

I have now received another threatogram from Pestcot stating that they will be handing my account to a doorstep collector and I cannot revoke permission for this visit as they don't need it.

Hopefully the doorstep collector will be prepared for being told that the account is in dispute and that his authority ends outside the front gate, otherwise he may be disappointed.

Hey Sam. Think I'm due the same letter anytime now! lol.

I've just finished writing to Halifax to ask them why the SAR is not complete - give things even more of a stir.

I remember reading, when I first applied for my CCA, that this all comes down to a big set of "kahunas". Got mine back now! Bring on the doorstep collector!:lol:

• 6 months later...