Help required ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

Posted on the back of another members message last week - here's my story.

Got 4 CC which my husband knows nothing about - have sent requested CCA from them yesterday. Just found out that 2 (MBNA & Egg have added PPI) lettered them yesterday too requesting refund as per template letters found on site.

I also have a LLoyds TSB loan which I was forced into combined two other loans and taking PPI - phoned them 2 weeks ago and asked that the refund PPI - received standard letter that its being investigated - my husband doesn't know about this either.

Has anyone been successful in reclaiming PPI from Lloyds and how long did it take -

With regards to my husband can't tell him about my debts as he would leave and I don't like myself for what I've done to him.

Don't know how much more information is required - but would welcome help.:confused:

Edited by roors
Change of Thread title to include all help needed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to be a little bit patient here. I know that is easier said than done.

If you have only sent off your CCA requests yesterday, then you should wait for a couple of weeks before you do anything else. Wait to see what comes back.

In the meantime, have a good read of this forum -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/

which will give you an insight into how you claim back PPI.

Avoid phoning any of these organizations. Deal with them in writing, so there is a provable trail of evidence. If you are going to challenge these characters, then your telephone will almost certainly start ringing off the hook, so I don't know how long you will be able to keep this from your husband.

SH

im sure some one will answer you soon, im claiming against lloyds at the mo for ppi. i sent a letter asking for it back on the grounds of misselling they sent one back saying basicaly tuff luck go whistle, the matter is closed, well no its not so im now dealing with the fos. this is all since the 17th nov.

:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

Thanks for your reply - how long did they take to tell you no - I know I'm being impatient but just found out that the PPI is costing me £117.88 a month - tried to cancel it as per the letter advising that it was being investigated and was told I could get a rebate of £220.

Please keep me posted on how you get on and I will do the same.

Dear All

Posted on the back of another members message last week - here's my story.

Got 4 CC which my husband knows nothing about - have sent requested CCA from them yesterday. Just found out that 2 (MBNA & Egg have added PPI) lettered them yesterday too requesting refund as per template letters found on site.

I also have a LLoyds TSB loan which I was forced into combined two other loans and taking PPI - phoned them 2 weeks ago and asked that the refund PPI - received standard letter that its being investigated - my husband doesn't know about this either.

Has anyone been successful in reclaiming PPI from Lloyds and how long did it take -

With regards to my husband can't tell him about my debts as he would leave and I don't like myself for what I've done to him.

Don't know how much more information is required - but would welcome help.:confused:

Hello Roors,

Please don't be so hard on yourself, you are only like many others in todays financial climate. Many including myself have felt like, a isolated bad person, that can not talk about our financial affairs to anyone. We live with shame.:confused: which over a period of time eats us up and takes its toll:confused:.

Now ,what I have come to realise, is that these financial companies, target certain customers, especially those who only pay the minimum payments, these are the customers they really do make profit/money on:evil: Now as soon as you max out, hey presto they raise the credit limit and you are sucked in a bit more. Its a trap that you get into and find extremely difficult to get out of. The minimum payment goes up a few quid, and that you think is ok, but all of the credit cards do the same, so they all go up and after a period of time, you hit crisis. (this may not be your case, its just and example of what happens to others).

To start with they apply ppi, which is probably of no use whatsoever to you and on top of the ppi payment they add interest. Thus adding to your indebtedness to them.

I am pleased that you have started the process of reclaiming back what is rightfully yours:grin: You need to fight them all of the way and not take their feeble refusals lightly.

Please keep us posted and if you need to talk or need help, we are here for you:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks for reply - its good to know others are in same position - just hope I can eventually stop living in never never land - will let you know how it goes.

You are more than welcome:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Roors,

Just come to help if I can, where are you up to with this shower please.:grin:

Can you tell me the story please:grin:

Hi Hellhasnofury

My story - at present haven't defaulted on any of my payments - this month may be the first - Christmas. Took out a loan 4 years ago - refinanced several others and instancance of bank and was told could only get money if PPI was included - rather stupidly I agreed - the usual story you think I'll also be able to afford payments - then wake up and think no way.

Went to the bank recently to try and reduce loan repayment currently £642 pm and they tried again to refinance - discovered this site by accident.

Anyway - about 3 weeks ago I rang the Lloyds Insurance and they took my complaint over the phone - have received one letter from them telling me they are looking into it.

As far as my CC's are concerned discovered that Egg & MBNA have been including PPI for years so on Tuesday sent recorded delivery letters requesting my money back - I know it will take a while. I have also written to Egg, MBNA and Barclaycard for copies of my agreement (template letters downloaded from site).

Don't know what else you need - but let me know.

Roors:confused:

Hi there

Just to say mine regarding a LLoyds TSB Credit Card PPI is currently being dealt with by the Adjudicator (FOS), I was an homemaker when this was sold to me in 2001.

Being laid back - back then I assumed PPI it was all part of credit cards and loans etc and to cancel I also assumed I would have to cancel and pay back the balance in full.

I received the standard fob off letters they use, like "being covered for life cover and hospitalisation" etc, but its not the point, I had contacted them in 2004 and told them even though I was the principal holder on the account, and had no second holder, my hubby came out of work, so asked if the PPI would cover me, they told me no, as this was for myself and not my hubby....:rolleyes:.

The adjudicator got back to me last week to inform me that he believes that this should be upheld, but had raised further issues with Lloyds and should hear something within a week or 2.

This has been with the FOS since June 08, and September I was told it was finally passed on to the adjudicator.

I know these complaints can vary once in with the FOS, depending on how complex they can be, one of mine had taken 14 months from start to finish.

Wish you luck with yours....;).

I yet have the loan PPI complaints to get on with.

Good luck and keep at it.

Now I know a bit more of these PPI issues I tend to be getting on with them all....and hate seeing others being ripped off !

Di

Hello roors and welcome to the PPI world.

Hi Hellhasnofury

My story - at present haven't defaulted on any of my payments - this month may be the first - Christmas. Took out a loan 4 years ago - refinanced several others and instancance of bank and was told could only get money if PPI was included - rather stupidly I agreed - the usual story you think I'll also be able to afford payments - then wake up and think no way.

Went to the bank recently to try and reduce loan repayment currently £642 pm and they tried again to refinance - discovered this site by accident.

Anyway - about 3 weeks ago I rang the Lloyds Insurance and they took my complaint over the phone - have received one letter from them telling me they are looking into it.

As far as my CC's are concerned discovered that Egg & MBNA have been including PPI for years so on Tuesday sent recorded delivery letters requesting my money back - I know it will take a while. I have also written to Egg, MBNA and Barclaycard for copies of my agreement (template letters downloaded from site).

Don't know what else you need - but let me know.

I believe it is time for you to send Subject Access Requests to Lloyds, Egg MBNA and barclaycard asking for your PPI money back.

Please see these links to get you started........

Full Subject Access Request for ppi

Another Useful article on Single Premium PPI and why the FSA say it was unfair.

Payment protection insurance (PPI) – Refunds of single premiums : FSA Money made clear – Unfair contracts

Another useful site to help you reclaim missold PPI UPDATED 16 JUN 08

Reclaim your PPI premiums - payment protection insurance | This is Money

This is a little snippet from the above link....

Can I reclaim on any PPI policy?

Your claim for compensation is dependent on when you took the insurance. PPI sales only came under the jurisdiction of the FSA on 14 January 2005. Any sales made before then are not covered by the latest rules.

However, it may still be worth complaining to your lender if you feel you have been mis-sold. If you bought before January 2005 it is likely that they will have been covered by a previous regime of rules. This means that the Financial Ombudsman Service will be able to consider these complaints. If you took PPI after January 2005, your claim is subject to the latest rules.

For legal issues relating to Data Protection check this link...Lots of very useful info in understandable terms.

Data Protection | OUT-LAW.COM

it includes the following and much much more

Negotiating with the Data Subject (This should be important to Banks)

At this stage, it is advisable to negotiate with the data subject. The location information the data subject will have already given will give a clue as to what it is the data subject really wants to have information about. The benefit of the Data Protection Act 1998 is that it allows data controllers to negotiate with data subjects to get the data subject to specify the exact information he or she wishes to receive.

The data controller is entitled to ask for a fee of £10 and two further pieces of information. Firstly, the data controller must satisfy himself that the person making the request is, in fact, the data subject. The use of a subject access request form is advised, since the greatest breach of a data controller's security is for the data controller to satisfy a subject access request made by a person impersonating the data subject. The use of the form goes towards proving that the data controller has adequate identification and verification procedures in place. Secondly, the data controller is entitled to ask the data subject for further information to enable the data controller to locate the information which that person seeks.

When the last of these three pieces of information has been obtained, the forty day period starts to run. It is advisable to put procedures in place to ensure that the receipt of the request and the further information is correctly dated so that an organisation knows how long it has to satisfy the subject access request.

However, if the data subject is adamant that he or she wishes to receive a copy of everything the data controller holds on him or her, then there is very little the data controller can do about this, and a completely exhaustive search of the computerised and manually held data in the organisation will be required. (nice to know what you see in the Act is what you get)

A lot of the above information is available plus loads more in this link....

links

Keep everything in writing so you have an accurate record. Keep copies of all correspondence (at least 2 copies) and keep them in Chronological order or list them as items in the order they have been sent or recieved. If you phone make sure the calls are recorded by you with details of times, dates and content.

If you are called please make notes of the name of the person calling, dates and times of call and any other relevant information you believe would be useful.

The more information you have details of the better your reclaim chances.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Alanalana

Thanx for the post - its good to now that I'm not alone - just to keep you all posted in this mornings mail I received a letter from Egg advising that they were investigating my complaint re PPI - however they haven't yet replied to my CCA request - but at least I know they got the letters. I did send them recorded but can't seem to get the post office tracking system to work.

Still no word from Lloyds - but I know I need to be realistic - Rome wasn't built in a day - but I'm sure I managed to get into all my debt in that time.

Can someone advise - would it be in order for me to withhold the PPI element from my next Lloyds loan repayment - did think about cancelling the DD for the whole amount - but don't know how it would go.

roors:confused:

Have you asked to cancel the PPI?

And are the loan payments coming out of a Lloyds account? you may struggle to change the direct debit in your favour - thats why banks like DDs and not standing orders which you control

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Hi RedVixen

I received letter from Lloyds 2 weeks ago advising that they were investigating and that I could cancel PPI - when I phoned to do so I was offered a rebate of £220 - reducing payments by £10pm (14months left on loan) - told them not to bother - the way I read the letter was that I could cancel PPI - which amounts to £117 pm - however Lloyds didn't see it like that - the loan does come out of a TSB account but I could change all that and get salary paid in elsewhere - but then I would probably end up with huge bank charges.

I don't know what to do - struggling to make repayments this month because of Christmas anyway.:confused:

Three threads merged.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello roors,

I will highlight in red and try and give answers in blue.

Hi Alanalana

Thanx for the post - its good to now that I'm not alone - just to keep you all posted in this mornings mail I received a letter from Egg advising that they were investigating my complaint re PPI (This investigation is a smoke screen to delay you on your quest to get your money back) (Did you give them a timescale for a response?)- however they haven't yet replied to my CCA request (when did you send the CCA request as they have 14 days to comply or they are then in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.- but at least I know they got the letters. I did send them recorded but can't seem to get the post office tracking system to work. (Phone the Royal Mail number and complain that you paid for recorded delivery mail and it has not been tracked. If they get snotty use this thread to follow up your complaint.....

Royal Mail - Losing it! alanalana

Still no word from Lloyds - but I know I need to be realistic - Rome wasn't built in a day - but I'm sure I managed to get into all my debt in that time.

(That goes for a lot of people who the banks have stripped of money, savings, houses, cars etc).

Can someone advise - would it be in order for me to withhold the PPI element from my next Lloyds loan repayment - did think about cancelling the DD for the whole amount - but don't know how it would go.

From a personal point of view if you cancel you will get most probably a very small if any rebate. Your payments will also not drop by the full amount of your PPI element payments of your loan.

I would suggest and I stand to be corrected here. Keep paying but claim the PPI in full (If it was a single premium added to the loan and then included in the cost of the loan and then with Interest added for the life of the loan, and that way as in my case you should get the full PPI element of the Loan refunded including the insurance attached to it plus 8% from the time of the loan to the time of settlement.

roors:confused:

Please have a read of my extremely long thread......

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

If there is anything you can use to help your case please feel free to adapt it to your own particular case;)

I hope this helps you along the path to recovering you money:)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Alanalana

Sorry for not relying sooner - trying to work and run a house ain't easy.

Update - nothing back from TSB re PPI for loan - 4 weeks now.

With regards to PPI for Egg and MBNA both have advised that its being investigated - I know I've alot to learn and its a bluff.

I CC'd Egg, MBNA and Barclaycard on 2 December and have yet to get a response and guess what the Royal Mail tracking system still isn't working.

Just need to know that I have others that I can talk to and will keep posting updates -oh what a synic I am:confused:

chin, up, im still waiting for my ccas from barclays(x2) mbna and additions, they were delivered on the 18th nov and they didnt get back to me yet either, so im not paying them any more until they sort it out, royal mail lost one of my recorded letters afew weeks ago and cant find it any where. this site has been massivley helpful and has given me the confidence to fight back against rip off bankers.

:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

Hello minimes,

chin, up, im still waiting for my ccas from barclays(x2) mbna and additions, they were delivered on the 18th nov and they didnt get back to me yet either, so im not paying them any more until they sort it out, royal mail lost one of my recorded letters afew weeks ago and cant find it any where. this site has been massivley helpful and has given me the confidence to fight back against rip off bankers.

Re lost mail please see this thread of mine re lost mail.:eek:

Royal Mail - Losing it! alanalana

The compensation for me on three lost items was three books of first class stamps and yet they lost my bank account details, including sort codes, account numbers, loan account numbers, addresses Post codes etc.

IMO it is a waste of time complaining to them best go straight to your MP.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from