3rd party car insurance claim

rich201283
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was in a car crash a couple of months ago where i was stood still at the roundabout and a person went into the back of me. At the time the person admited liability but there where no witnesses. My car was written off but his car was just dented. I have submited photo of the accident site already. I am only insured 3rd party fire & Theft and my claim has been past to a third party solicitor, My solicitor requested an interim payment but his insurance company have replyed back saying i reversed into him which is impossible as there would be no way i could accidently select reverse gear, so therefore he is lying. Do you think his insurance are just trying it on? also do you think he will have any chance in getting away with this? I have been left without a car for months, How long does these type of claims take?

Yes they/he are trying it on.

It's never guaranteed, but i am 99.9% certain he will not get away with this. When liability is disputed it ultimately ends up in court, where he would have to perjure himself to maintain his story. Personally I'd rather pay an extra 10% insurance premium than risk going to jail.

Dispute his story 100%, and state that you are prepared to testify your version under oath in a court to ascertain liability. Then get your solicitor to put pressure on the insurance company by reminding them that any damages you suffer whilst without a car they are liable for. These of course have to be reasonable - so no hiring a stretch limo to take you to work! But if you have to get a bus/train instead of your car then keep your receipts.