Forged letterheads - Serious offence.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Sorry if I sound a bit ambiguous but I have been asked not to publicly disclose any identifiable details until the investigation and any enforcement action is concluded.

A while ago I received a notice of assignment from one of the better known DCA's. This NOA was on a hybrid Abbey/DCA notepaper so bore the logos of both Companies The signature appears to have been scanned from an Abbey letter meaning the DCA have sent me a letter which is not compliant with The Companies Act.

Since the DCA chose not to see sense and insisted on pursuing me for this debt (which incidentally isn't mine but hey ho!) I felt obliged to contact Companies House and report the breach.

To be honest I wasn't expecting them to do that much but if the DCA are going to tie up my time I felt it was only fair to use some of there's.

Anyway I've received a reply in the matter from Companies House and they take the matter very seriously indeed. It appears that just not presenting the requisite information on any company letterhead is a serious offence which can lead to 'substantial' fines being levied. Point is the good people at Companies House see the DCA's action as a far more serious transgression involving deliberate misrepresentation and fraud.

OH dear DCA's because CH have some very good legislation and do not appear as reluctant to act as many other industry bodies out there. It's early days yet but judging by the tone of the letter I received they will be investigating the matter with a view to a prosecution under the Companies Act.

So if anyone else has one of these peculiar double headed scanned forgeries knocking about why don't you copy it and send it off to Companies House and report a breach of stationery regulations to them?

FYI.

Main Office

Companies House

Crown Way

Maindy

Cardiff

CF14 3UZ

DX 33050

Edinburgh

Companies House

37 Castle Terrace

Edinburgh

EH1 2EB

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Toulouse, I remember there was a cagger who took a similar one to Trading Standards who also said a similar thing.....I know cymruabuth has also had a few of these letters and wrote to the chairman of the banks querying their use of their letterhead....I believe that one did write back saying that it was ok....

All the DCAs seem to use this practice. I have an absolute corker fro CRAPBOT. The same rudimentary mistake is used in the so called :rolleyes:assignment letter from the OC as in my Welcome to Crapbot letter.

Not only that but identical typeface and identification marks. Do these CRETINS think that we CAGGERS are as stupid as their employees

All the DCAs seem to use this practice. I have an absolute corker fro CRAPBOT. The same rudimentary mistake is used in the so called :rolleyes:assignment letter from the OC as in my Welcome to Crapbot letter.

Not only that but identical typeface and identification marks. Do these CRETINS think that we CAGGERS are as stupid as their employees

Well I didn't get a letter at all from Cabot until 3 months after they'd bought the debt. They are now trying to tell me that a notification of assignment was sent 2 days before I received an online statement from Goldfish telling me that the balance was zero. Since then, they've sent out a pile of rubbish purporting to be a representation of what the letter would have looked like, had they sent it and swearing blind that they did. They're lying of course.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I took this up with Morgan Stanley legal department, he was that interested he rang me up out of office hours and requested a copy of letter, which I duly obliged, I contacted him a week a later and he said HFO had authority to carry out this action.A letter to companies house me thinks.

Interesting as I had someone very interested with regards HFO /Morgan Stanley NOA/ use of letterhead.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I have had a letter from crapquest with a badly copied letter which crapquest say is from royal bank of scotland and crapquest claim it is a deed of assignment, more like crapquest forging the letterhead allegedley.

The letter has been copied by me and will be sent to companies house cardiff first thing thurs morning with a letter of complaint.

Thanks for the advice on who to complain too

why dont we fax or emaila copy of the alleged forged letters from dca's on bank letterheads alleging to be deeds of assignment to watchdog, panorama and other investigation programmes, it woud be easy to google the emaisl etc

why dont we fax or emaila copy of the alleged forged letters from dca's on bank letterheads alleging to be deeds of assignment to watchdog, panorama and other investigation programmes, it woud be easy to google the emaisl etc

good idea scampy

nothing to loose

I may just do that

We did this before, didn't we? The banks give their permission for DCAs to send the Notices Of Assignment on their behalf, and it would only be an issue if the banks hadn't given permission for these letters to be sent. In both of the cases above where people have contacted the OC, the OC have said that they had permission to use the letterhead for a NOA. It would only be an issue if the bank hadn't given the permission for their letterhead to be used.

will be contacting companies house regarding two dodgy looking NOC's from 1st Crud and the leeds losers using Crap One and Barclaycard letterheads.

trading standards didn't seem to be interested in the slightest that the dca has done anything wrong.

If Companies House act on this then it would be worth taking Trading Standards to task. I really do wonder what Trading Standards do nowadays.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I don't understand why they would do this anyway. As long as the debtor is told in writing of the debt prior to the assignee (DCA) trying to collect, then all is well as far as I understand it. That's because either assignor or assignee can send the NoA. See this.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Also, if you look further down the pages you'll see that an assignor cannot assign the burden of a contract according to this author, which may explain why DCAs always say they don't have to supply the CCA, but the OC has to. Any legal bods?

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000