Some advice pls about experian credit report & score

lisaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

my sis checked her credit file on-line today (she has not checked for about 5 years)!

Anyway, she had a ccj previously from about 4/5 years ago but it's not showing up and a default (now satisfied). The rest is all up to date.

Her score is 709 but showing as 'poor' - i thought that was a high score?

Although i know that the default isn't helping.

So my questions are: why has the ccj dropped off (all good obviously)! and why the score?

Many thanks for any help!

Lisa x

Hi lisaf,

Some things sometimes seem to drop off reports and then reappear later. Although, if she paid the CCJ within 30 days it should never appear on there anyway.

Potential creditors treat defaults like CCJs so this may explain the poor score. It can also be explained if she has no other debt that she is regularly paying off or if she does not appear on the electoral role. Be warned that certain lenders (esp for mortgages) now refuse loans however good the record if the applicant is not on the electoral role. Be doubly warned to be careful when registering to vote that you must tick the box to EXCLUDE yourself from the edited register, which is the one they sell on the DCAs etc.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Hi Guys,

my sis checked her credit file on-line today (she has not checked for about 5 years)!

Anyway, she had a ccj previously from about 4/5 years ago but it's not showing up and a default (now satisfied). The rest is all up to date.

Her score is 709 but showing as 'poor' - i thought that was a high score?

Although i know that the default isn't helping.

So my questions are: why has the ccj dropped off (all good obviously)! and why the score?

Many thanks for any help!

Lisa x

Which CRA did she use? It is basically a waste of time using their credit scoring as each lender will have their own internal system to score.

Did she pay the CCJ? Has she moved address?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I personally dont rate their scoring.... mine is under 500 AND i have never ever been late on a payment, I change my card yearly when the zero rate changes, I have my mortgage and car loan and Im on the register. Baffling when someone has a CCJ and their score is a hell of a load more than mine.

IMHO I would ignore it as lenders use their own methods.

Me

A&L - Overdraft / Charges On Hold £300

Mum v's the DCA

NatWest. No CCA - For around 6 months no DCA has chased for this amount :D

MBNA. No CCA - First Court Claim :( Panicking. Just about to start the small claims

Lloyds TSB. Overdraft / Charges On Hold Waiting for test case

Sister

Halifax - No CCA. Keep getting the man and his dog chasing, again the 'go away' letter is sent :p

M&S - Have CCA. Nothing for 2 years from anyone?! :)

Argos - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

Next - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

4 x Others accepting token payments of £1 as CCA in place.