C.R.A.'s Passing On Your Telephone Number To D.C.A.'s.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think that this thread or something similar seriously needs to be stickyed.

Are you thinking of requesting your credit reports from the C.R.A.'s? DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER. They don't need it for anything, certainly not to verify your identity, and will just pass it on to the D.C.A.'s. While I would agree that a creditor has every right to know 'where' a debtor is, I certainly don't agree that they have the right to harass you by telephone. You have been warned. If you're wondering how some D.C.A.'s recently got hold of your new, secret, ex-directory telephone number, then this is the probable answer. Just for the record, and as a simple statement of fact, if your creditors don't know 'where' you are they will do after you request your credit reports.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I clocked onto this one just after I sent all my credit report requests off - d'oh! Ah well, looks like I'm going to be moving soon anyway!

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Fortunately I got dyslexia of the fingers as I typed my mobile number in for the contact phone when I applied my free credit report. Not that I'm paranoid (says she looking over her shoulder). :rolleyes:

So if some-one out there has carpquest (dyslexia again!) chasing them for my statute barred debts - please accept my apologies.

it woudl seem that they let DCA look at your file anyway - CapQuest search mine every month to confirm my address is the same - i have never given them permission to do this - if i had a CCA with the OC then i have only given them permission to add data to my account and not to searc it as they please - is there anything we can do to protect our data on held with the CRA?

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!