removing searches for a now statute barred debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it possible to remove searches for a debt that is now statute barred if they in theory did the searches when it wasn't? The searches are from 2006-7 and one from 2008, but the debt is now statute barred - I am pretty sure it is anyway as the default for it has fallen off my record I don't know WHEN it became statute barred.

I've sent statue barred letters to the ones chasing me, but is it possible to get them to disappear off my credit file?

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

I have the same thing happen to me, with 2 searches on my credit file by 2 different organizations. I phone Equifax and they said that they would investigate for me. After a several weeks they back to me and said that one of the organization had not documents and they would therefore removed that search but they said that the other search would have to stay because it related to an outstanding debt by OC.

However, I had sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to that OC earlier and the confirmed that they had nothing but old bank statements and had not other documents relating to the old bank statement that I received in relation to my SAR ie no agreement.

Therefore, I wrote the Equifax and sent them a copy of the OC letter confirming that they only held old internal bank statements and I told them to remove the searches forthwith, which the confirmed was done. I also sent a complaint to Information Commissioners Office but they have not got around to dealing with it as yet that was earlier in the year.

Why not send a SAR to the OC and see what they have in relation to the searches on your credit report.:rolleyes:

Why does people like this give us so much grief :mad:

I'm seriously thinking about sending an SAR to them. Will be an interesting read?!

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

...if they fully comply!

i guess if they done disclose everything then they are opening themselves up to not having all the paperwork...on the other hand if they show us the fuller picture its likley to incriminate them further...?

can you request their intenal correspondance as part of a SAR - ie the dialogue between them and the OC prior to their demans landing on my door step?

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

It appears that CRA do not have to see any documents that the DCA says they have in their possession. CRA's will do what their clients tell them, therefore if they say that the have purchased the original agreement they will believe them and put a search on your report.

The only way you can see if there is an agreement is to send the OC a SAR and that will tell you what they have and who it was sold to, the OC should still hold the original agreement and it should show up in the SAR request.:-|