Charge for road tax when Hp declined

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Really need help with composing!

My friend went to car showroom. Applied for HP and was told would need to pay for 12 months road tax there and then. Paid it but was called the next day to say HP declined but are refusing to refund the road tax payment.

All help as always greatfully recieved,

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi folks,

Really need help with composing!

My friend went to car showroom. Applied for HP and was told would need to pay for 12 months road tax there and then. Paid it but was called the next day to say HP declined but are refusing to refund the road tax payment.

All help as always greatfully recieved,

Ida x

Send them letter of claim giving 14 days to refund the money. Then send a second letter giving them a further 7 days. Then issue a claim for the road tax refund.

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Does this look ok?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently visited your premises on the basis of purchasing a car. I applied for you Hire Purchase Scheme to cover payment for the vehicle and paid £115 on the day for road tax on the basis the Hire Purchase would be accepted. Unfortunately the Hire Purchase Agreement was refused and I have contacted you previously about my refund of £115. You have stated that you will not be issuing this refund.

I only paid the £115 on the day in questions as I was advised that I could not proceed with my application until done so. At no point was I advised that these monies would not be returned if the HP was declined. At no point did I sign any contract stating this either.

I now require you to refund the £115 within the next 14 days. If you dispute that I am entitled to a refund of these monies, I request that you forward within the above mentioned time scale, a copy of the Terms and Conditions and any signed agreement in relation to the £115 and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions. These are requested under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©, and failure to provide them will be brought to the attention of the court, should it be necessary to commence a county court action.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 7 days in which to reflect.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Does this look ok?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently visited your premises to purchase a car. I applied for Hire Purchase finance for the vehicle and on the basis that my application for hire purchase would be accepted I paid the sum of £115 on the day for road tax for the vehicle.

Unfortunately my application for Hire Purchase finance was refused and I was unable to proceed with the purchase.

I have requested a refund of the money I gave you for the purchase of the road tax for the vehicle but you have to date refused any such refund.

The payment of £115 was not a deposit and I was not advised that in the event my application for hire purchase finance was unsuccessful that the money would not be refunded.

I require you to refund the £115 within 14 days from your receipt of this letter. Should you dispute that I am entitled to a refund of these monies, I request that you forward within the above mentioned time scale, a copy of the Terms and Conditions and any signed agreement in relation to the £115 and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions. These are requested under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©, and failure to provide them will be brought to the attention of the court, should it be necessary to commence a county court action.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 7 days in which to reflect.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline without further notice to you.

Yours faithfully,

ida x

Hi

Made a few suggested changes for you to consider

• Haha 1

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Thnaks, looks much better

Ida x