Bulldog Broadband - Credit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Bulldog for broadband, which I set up about 14 months ago.

Other than paying my initial month and connection fee upfront, and despite setting up a direct debit, they have failed until four weeks ago to attempt to collect payment.

I initially contacted them to attempt to resolve this in October, and as yet they still haven't called me back, despite me calling them regularly, emailing a couple of times, and writing once.

They are billing me £40 a month, balance presently stands at circa £600.

I've sent them a request for the credit agreement with the statutory fee, to which they responded saying I don't have credit. However, my train of thought is that they have inadvertantly provided me with credit.

Can anybody give me some advice or pointers on how to proceed: is my interpretation correct, and what do I need to do next?

DJ

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!

My understanding is that you pay a deposit and then pay monthly in advance.

This would not be a credit agreement as you are paying upfront.

If you are not paying subsequent bills and the balance is building up, this is still non-payment of bills and I cannot see where credit or a credit agreement has any relevance.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

email harryclarke@bulldogdsl.com explain everything and what you would like to happen etc.

He's the head of customer services so should be able to help you, Bulldog are notorious for not collecting direct debits etc they didnt do mine for 6 months then took the lot one month although they did write to me first before just taking it which was helpful lol.

They havent given you credit its just arrears on payments as suchso dont see where you're coming from there, but Harry can help you out he's very good.

There are a lot of changes happening at BD at the moment with most of the sales team now gone along with account managers and many others as they restructure into wholesale only so expect your account to be sold off to a new ISP under the same terms soon as theyre looking to sell the customer base off.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with Mr Clarke