Halifax computer boo boo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I thought you would like to share this experience of Halifax online banking. On the 1st. of this month, I logged on to my Halifax online current account to check that my salary had been paid in as usual. Horror.... due to an error by my employer the BACS payment hadn't been paid, (It arrived the next day). But three cheques that I had written arrived that morning taking me £125 over my agreed overdraught limit. I immediately transferred the funds to cover the cheques from my Halifax savings account. I think you can probably guess what happened next ... yes, an online letter from Mr. Garry R.D. Kettle, Personal Banking Services, informing me they were taking a charge of 3 x £30 to "cover their costs". What joy when I printed off the online statement which shows that my transfer of funds was in the account when the cheques were paid!!! Obviously a computer anomally, but I cant wait to read their reply when I send my claim letter. :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks