Parking FInes & Hire Cars

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just received an invoice from the hire company I use for "Administration and fine payments" for two cars rented over the last year.

3 tickets at £150 each, (one of which I know has already been cancelled as it was attached to the vehicle and I appealed successfully, so they can't have paid this! The other two are CCTV issue and show as outstanding on the councils website.) and one congestion charge fine at £60. (This shows as closed/no further action required on the TFL website)

The total comes to £510 + £47 for admin.

They have given the ticket numbers as a reference for each fine however they have not supplied the actual details of each ticket or enclosed copies of NTOs.

It transpires that they act on behalf of the registered keeper who has passed the fines on to them.

Interesting thing is that the contract I signed for the first car contains no reference at all to any fines at all. The one for the second states that they will charge for supplying driver information when requested.

The fines are for January, February and July this year.

I am waiting for them to supply copies of the NTOs so that I can check that the details are in fact correct however I am of the opinion that as they are claiming to have paid these fines already (which they have not) at the increased rate of £150.00 instead of sending my details back to the councils concerned (as stated in the second agreement) then they can whistle.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks.