3g mobile broiadband stick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My friend took out a 24 month (verbal)contract for 3g broadband stick.

It did not work at home but it did at work.

She told the call centre in India that she could not get a reception in her area.(spoke to the crap tec team). 'IT WILL WORK' but she stressed it did not.

Sent it back to them under the 14 days period.(she signed no contract and has no terms & conditions)and they would not take no for an answer.

They tried to send it back (she refused it).

Got bombarded by phone calls from India & Glasgow (debt management) yes they are trying to hit her with a £184.00 bill for a few hours use on a stick which only worked at her place of work.

Now i phoned them last Monday and i was on there for over an hour going round and round in circles. I spoke to the tec team (indian gentleman told me that where she lives there is network problems and the mast is under engineering works)so i told him that she wont pay for a piece of equipment which wont work ! So he passed me onto the cancellation team and i told them 'SEE YOU IN COURT!' I told them to resolve this farce is to send the usb stick back to her and i will talk to the tec team and come to the conclusion that there is no network in her area !

Guess what- Sorry but we cant locate the original usb stick ! (wow that was quite funny !)So she cant send a new one, my friends account is still suspended but i did tell my friend to send them a covering letter with August payment (the one and only payment she will give these idiots)

out of faith that the deal can be cancelled.(i was also expecting a call from the call centre manager on my mobile 'I AM STILL WAITING'

I also sent a telephone harrassement letter (ignored)and cpr request (no reply)

It looks to me that court would be the only solution. I told her not to give in to there demands of £184.00 !

Can anybody share the pitfalls of 3G and there useless customer service.

Any help an d shared thoughts of how a company can act in this way.

Many Thanks

Womble

Edited by womble72

Righto, 1st I have to be a pedant (sorry) the company is 3 or three I assume as 3g is the technology for connecting you that all mobile networks use.

Also, ask for a deadlock letter as they are not resolving this to your satisfaction. Then you can complain to Otelo.

Further little point that may help you out here, 3 will soon be piggybacking off T-Mobile (and vice versa) as 3's network is so poor and they've had so many complaints! so check here T-Mobile Coverage Street Check - Mobile Phone Coverage - T-Mobile to see if her coverage will increase soon due to that (I know it's no help at the moment, but may give your friend a little hope that the entire contract won't have zero coverage at her home.)

Hope I've helped! GL!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

CISAS and Otelo are both ADR's (Alternative Dispute Resolution) and every communication provider has to subscribe to one. 3 subscribe to Otelo. Now, the downside. If you don't have a deadlock letter you have to wait 12 weeks before you can escalate your complaint to them. The upside is, if you make a complaint, the company automatically gets a £50 fine even if they're not found to be at fault, AND that will generally be reasonable, so providing your friend asked to return it following the policy that 3 sent her, 3 will most likely be made to end the contract.

Here is a good guide from Otelo Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - How to Complain

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 months later...

Quick update.

After a few letters to 3 in Glasgow i have managed to have a victory for my friend.

If a product does not work i.e- no reception then why should you be charged for it ?

The letter i recieved last week said that the account will now be cancelled BUT we need the dongle back ?

Strange that as my friend sent it back to them back in August via special delivery (they did re attempt to deliver the dongle back in Sep but was refused) I wrote another letter stating that we have proof it was sent back to them and it is up to them to find out what happen to the dongle when it was refused but to me it is victory because my friend has been hounded by phone calls from India and Glasgow. I told her never give in to these bullies and we win because hey where is the written contract ?

Cant take someone to court without one ? I spelt that out quite a few times to 3.

So i just wanted to post this victory and people never give up a fight !

Womble

Good stuff womble, well done :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert