UK Bankruptcy from Overseas - Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First time on here, but after reading many posts - I guess somebody out there will be more helpful than speaking to my creditors - Please !!

I have left the UK (Not run away from debt), but have hopefully pursued a better life for my family !!

The unfortunate part is that I was earning very good money in the UK, and hoped to do the same - In Australia, however it hasn't worked liked that, the life is great, but my UK debt (appx 70k - unsecured) is killing me - It is spread over 5 companies Banks & Credit Cards.

In the UK I earned enough to pay each month, but in OZ I just simply cant do it.

Here is the question - Should I go bankrupt in th UK (I have no property there or any savings - well approx 4k) !!

If I go UK Bankrupt - How will it effect me in OZ, we bought a small house over a year ago, but no real equity in it - as the house prices have dropped quite a lot....

...I could go back to the UK for a week or so, and say i was in Oz temporarily, or I could pheraps just go UK bankrupt from here - and just say I was Renting a property !!

Does the Official Receiver cheack with Overeas Authorities ? - somebody suggested, go bankrupt and tell the O/R you are travelling...(not sure about that one)

I guess I dont really know what to do.

At the moment creditors know I am overseas, but not where....I dont want to run and Hide, I justwant to get things sorted out for my future life here !!

When I applied for credit in Australia - They were not concerned abot checkig references in UK, and all my Oz credit is Fine !!

I am really worried that if I Go UK Bankrupt, I would lose my home in OZ - I guess that is the whole of my concerns - as it is unlikely I will return to the UK for many years, not even for a holiday !!

Sorry it is a long one, but any help anybody can give would be very welcome.

Thank you for reading

Hi Emitherme.....

I'm not knowledgable on the process.....my initial thought is that you would have to come back to the UK to do this, and as for any possessions overseas there is a good chance they / your trustee could secure items overseas (as they do ask in the interview with the Official Receiver)...