Parking Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parking Ticket

I have been issued with a ticket stating that we were parked in a disabled bay at Tescos. The issuing authority is Central Ticketing. Yes we were in a disabled bay but were displaying a blue parking badge alongside a valid parking ticket. Although the ticket stated that it should be displayed on the dashboard our vehicle hasn't got a dashboard and the ticket and blue badge were laid side by side on the front seat in full view. This has always been acceptable wherever we have parked before.

The box on the slip for 'No ticket' was not ticked so I assume that the attendant had seen the ticket and was blind to the badge. I feel that he was predjudiced by the fact that our vehicle is a very old decrepit Landrover - perhaps if it had been a modern Discovery he wouldn't have taken this precipitate action.

The fine is £70 which as OAPs we cannot afford. The slip offers an appeal process but as we have committed no offence we will not appeal.

Can any one advise on the best way to deal with this? Are we actually liable?

Hello and Welcome, Peppermint Patty.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Blue Badges and disabled bays have no legal validity in a private car park, they only apply in Council operated parking areas.

You have committed no offence, and have no liability. The appeals process is a waste of time, you will just get a standard letter saying "your appeal has been rejected, now pay up."

Don't contact them and don't pay a penny. They will try to intimidate you with increasingly threatening letters, mentioning debt collectors, court action, bailiffs etc.

They are just p***ing in the wind, it's all a [problem], that's how their business model works.

There is no appeals process anyway - this is a private company who will never turn down the chance to make a profit. Your 'appeal' will always be rejected.

All you have is an unforceable invoice. Disabled bays have no legal status on private land and anybody can park on them, regardless of having a badge or not (although it would be very antisocial and inconsiderate to do so).

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their letters, no matter how threatening

• they will give up and go away after 4 or 5

What you can do though is send a letter expressing your disgust to the manager of the store and Tesco HQ. The more people who do this, the more likelihood there is of scamsters like Central Ticketing losing their contracts.

as others have said what you have received from these [problematic] is just unenforceable rubbish. It can be worrying for someone who does not know how the PPC [problem] works.. there is plenty of information here about that here in the stickies and threads. have a leisurely read of it. the PPC will probably write more letters - each one design to intimidate further. If any of them get you worried just post back here and we will guide you safely through. do not contact the PPC in anyway, they just take that as sign that have identified a worried victim who may pay and then intensify their efforts against you. keep hold of the ticket you bought, put it the drawer with any paper you have now and all you may get in future from the PPC and just ignore them.

Dear All

Thank you so much for the advice - I will do as you say.

A127, yes I will be writing to Tescos - the store manager at Ludlow and their CEO who I've seen from the Tesco site is Sir David Leahy.

We also wondered whether to complain to the police? - because of the time of day and the light conditions we didn't see the notice until well on our way when my husband's vision was obscured by it at a right hand bend on a country road. It caused a blind spot and was potentially dangerous obscuring oncoming traffic or pedestrians. I feel in view of the comments taht this organisation should have as much hassle as possible. Am I just being vindictive? I would appreciate your views.

I will now take time to read the further info on the site.

Thank you again

We also wondered whether to complain to the police? - because of the time of day and the light conditions we didn't see the notice until well on our way when my husband's vision was obscured by it at a right hand bend on a country road. It caused a blind spot and was potentially dangerous obscuring oncoming traffic or pedestrians.

If you didn't notice the ticket until you were driving, then I think it would be unlikely the police would accept that it subsequently caused a dangerous blind spot. i.e. if you had carried out effective observations before setting off, then all possible blind spots would have been seen before moving the car.

*takes driving instructors hat back off* :D

You're not being vindictive, but the police won't be interested.

If you do want a little revenge, sending an empty envelope with no postage is a good one - they'll be forced to pay the postage and a handling fee if they want the juicy non-existent cheque inside.

Hi Patty, Do as the others say and don't make contact with CT. I fell foul of them in Dundee, and received 5or6 nasty letters, culminating with a solicitors letter. I have ignored the lot, and fingers crossed, I haven't heard from them for weeks on end. Hope they have forgotten me!!!!

• 3 weeks later...