DavidB vs MBNA

DavidBellchamber
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My campaign against MBNA has now reached the stage where I think it is worth starting this thread.

28th June- Wrote my preliminary letter requesting a refund of £225 worth of charges for returned direct debit fees, late payment fees and overlimit fees incurred during 2004 and 2005.

5th July - Received acknowledgement letter. They will investigate and let me know.

Watch this space...

hi david, will watch with interest. Just make sure you stick to your timescales and not theirs even if it means issuing a summons. They will buckle in the end and give you the full amount back.

If you fancy a laugh and have a few spare hours on your hands then read my "this is war!!!!" thread. That will give you a darn good insight into this bunch of clowns !

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

Received letter dated 25th July stating that MBNA were in the right and the charges are valid and legal, etc.

However, in order to bring the matter to an end they have agreed to refund £225, the full amount claimed, to my account.

Result!

Good luck to all who are following behind me.

David

Wow - 100% refund without going to court - result :)

Actually, MBNA do seem to be one of the better ones as long as you perservere with them - mind you, your claim was fairly effortless :lol:

Congratulations.