aol billing problem.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In January I decided to cancel my aol account, I phoned them up asking for a mac code, but I got told by the agent that if I stayed with them and agreed to an 18 month contract that I would only be charged £9.99 for the next 18 months. As I thought that was quite a good deal I ageed. For the last 8 months I have indeed been charged the £9.99, but this month I see it's gone up to £14.99. I phoned them up and they said the £9.99 was only for the first 6 months and they denied all knowledge of me being offered the lower rate for the rest of my contract. I tried to argue but the conversation just went round in circles.

As well as this the service has recently become unreliable, I get booted off line quite a few time per week and when I ring up the technical help they just say it's an outage problem and tell me to wait until it gets resolved. As I'm getting nowhere with their call centre can someone here suggest some other course of action. My exsisting contract ends in July but I would like to leave them now because I'm being charged more I was led to believe - do I stand a chance or am I stuck with it until July?

Edited by dynamicbaddog