No Fault but Damages Claim - Is this Fraud?

steveoram1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What does that have to do with Wulfyn's post JC?

There may not be an ambulance chaser culture(arguable), but that does not mean they dont exist. Moreover, what studies were done on these claims as to what percentage were completely without basis? The studies you have mentioned mean nothing in this context.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Some years ago the law changed (I don't know the exact date) but it made it legal for solicitors to advertise for business.

Since then the number of 'Had an accident in the last 3 years, you may be entitled to compensation' adverts has exploded, we even have door knockers going round asking householders if they have had any of the following happen to them (insert list of about 10 circumstances).

The number of personal claims has gone up considerably, as has the amounts involved.

Wulfyn's post was spot on.

Mossy

AAAAAARG NO they haven't nor has the level of compensation It hasn't even kept pace with inflation

The ONLY costs that have risen is the legal costs of insurance companies fighting every claim. If it's not disputing liability it's disputing causation that has caused it

Absolutely not JC. Claims made without relevance are exactly those we are talking about. Claims could have fallen 50%, but those without basis could have increased. The figures you are stating are all well and good, but without further information on them mean nothing in this context.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Just to defend my post my evidence was based upon looking at the amount of money both my current and last employer paid out as third party injury claims. I deal with this data regularly first hand, and it is going up. I don't believe that insurance companies are angelic (or else I wouldn't be on here helping other people with their claims), but this is the evidence that I have seen.