overseas debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would the fees involved not just be added onto the debt? Or is that just what they'd like you to think?

At the discretion of the judge if they won.

Winning in their case however is a very, very big if.

David

• 5 months later...

i'm just going through this at the moment. been chased by australian dca for barclay shark debt 5 years old. dca have defaulted previous clean credit file in Oz, stays on for 5 years. Currently arguing with cra and privacy commissioner that debt is under cca 1974 not ccca in austrlai. Currently falling on deaf ears. Solicitor is next step. Anyone know much about assignment of debt across borders or barclay shark noot being allowed to transfer my data?

Hi SCDU....sorry to hear of your plight. And you raise some interesting issues, and i'm afraid I don't know the answer, but my gut feeling is that you are governed by different laws and common sense says that they shouldnt be defaulting you in Aus...You would need a good solicitor. If there is no assignment then my feeling is they have not inherited any rights or duties to do this...please keep us posted.

thanks all. I've heard from the cra that they are likely to permit the negative listings.... not good news!

the cra is taking an (over?) simplistic approach saying that the debt has been assigned to an australian company so they then have the right to persue under australian law...

i have cab type free solicitor looking into it, have complained to privacy commissioner although they seem like toothless tigers, and have sent info off to a private solicitor for a fee quote on taking case on board....

anyone interested in joining me in class action pls let me know

Bodgit knows his stuff... read back thru the thread! Wondering if you are dealing with the infamous PIE and Beer Credit... we actually have a group against them the P Freeedom Fighters!! The more complaints the better!! Hold out and chin up!

Bodgit knows his stuff... read back thru the thread! Wondering if you are dealing with the infamous PIE and Beer Credit... we actually have a group against them the P Freeedom Fighters!! The more complaints the better!! Hold out and chin up!

yes that's them! i'm in touch with bodgit but Veda are not listening. P8888*er have them in their back pocket. it seems like a closed shop.