what best to state in notice of correction?

johnDo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does it make discernible difference as other posts seem unconvinced. Have attached details below, would appreciate your advice please.

as a newbie I apologise profusely if in the wrong forum? but have several issues that, am now feeling will have to be dealt with.

I had a contract with Vodafone approximately a year ago and despite having another contract mobile and being very careful with my accounts, there were two bills one after the other for double the amount than usual. Yes family members were in hospital but, no one else had access to handset and if anything used mobile considerably less.

I therefore requested (via e:mail and their complaints dept) these be checked therefore, disputing the amounts .Get letter from them a month later stating they feel its correct.Well they would would'nt they.

Only the penultimate bill and not final bill was checked by them. I called complaints dept and stated that wanted the matter resolved as adamant that there was an error and believed the usual amounts over the 18 month history therefore paid the same amount for the disputed months. Never heard from them again logically concluded matter resolved.

Thus completely incensed and flummoxed when declined for C card with Balance Transfer. Thus Did full CRA report discovered 'default ' for £267!! from VodaDrone.Original sum was for £76.00!!

They advised that apart from this, my credit score was good and that I should write a Notice of Correction. Will this make any discernible and positive difference?

What do I do with VodaDrone?

Have checked the forums and essentially different as am disputing the bills and thought matter was concluded.

Please advise.

Edited by johnDo

a notice of correction is just that, a note on your account advising proepective creditors that you dispute this debt.

You need to chase this up with viodaphone, get a copy of the final bill and compare this balance with the one showing on your credit report, if there is a difference this will be the DCA taking the pi$$ by adding their own charges, this is not allowed and as such brings the accuracy of the default into dispute, this is something you can then raise with the credit reference agency. it is also grounds to mount a complaint to the FSA, OFT and ICO.

Basically, get documentary evidence of this disparity if possible, once you have this, they will have to put up and prove that their figures are correct (which they wont) or shut up and at least amend the default to the correct figures. If you pay the actual outstanding balance directly to Vodaphone, do so on the understanding that the default is removed and not reinstated at a later date, get this in writing before you pay them a bean.

The situation is not ideal, but it's their game and their rules. The CRAs are owned by and run for the benefit of the credit agencies, not, as they often state for consumer protection

thank you for yr reply will e:mail to CRA tonight. If they have passed this to a DCA and the extra are their charges do you have a template that you recommend to use to send to VodaPhone?

Do you think that the correction will alleviate present credit application difficulties of have little significance

I don't believe that there is a standard letter, however a letter to vodaphone simply requesting a copy of your final bill should be sufficient to clarify what the actual outstanding bill amount is, then you would be able to negotiate, if at all possible don't deal with the DCA, pay the outstanding amounts to Vodaphone directly and give the DCA nowt.

With regards to a notice of correction: to be fair this is a very grey area, if the default is incorrect either in its existence or the details held therein a notice of correction should be used to clarify what the inaccuracy is, whether companies offering credit will take any notice of it, your guess is as good as mine.

A while back I had a very good business credit history, when out of the blue an old personal Mobile account with a balance of £0.42 was defaulted in error, my bank wouldn't renew my business overdraft until the default was removed completely, it took a couple of threatening letters to resolve this

thanks for yr help and comments. Much appreciated,

How do i get the bill checked though as do not agree with their claim that one of them was correct?

Its incredible that yr credit history can be ruined by these ass's ineptitude. What did you state in these threatening letters any turns of phrase or legal epee's that I can utilise?

and whom do you suggest that I correspond with in the first instance at VodaSloane. Thought that I would just go direct to the the CEO/s office as really p**ed off and can not afford to delay much further.

so frustrating!

Edited by johnDo

You may as well write "I am a fish" 500 times as a notice of correction for all the notice people searching your file will take of it (which is none)

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

thanks Michael, will peruse with hopeful anticipation! much appreciated.

Just followed the link. It is EPIC. How the hell did I miss finding that!! Again thanks.:)

Edited by johnDo