[help] red dca and lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No. However as I've previously stated the amount they can take is very low as this is governed by statute and state benefits are designed to give you a minimum level of subsistance below which they have a moral and legal obligation not to take you.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys my dad has just got a couple of phone calls from Iqor he did not give he im his Data Protection Act but they still told him that if he did not pay the full debt then they would take it out of his bennefits and i this happens he will no longer be able to afford to live. Any help appreciated.

Well, firstly tell them not to talk to them on the phone, if they ring, just hang up.

They are bully boys as your fathers already found out, and they enjoy putting the fear of god in to you. For them to be able to take it from his benefits is a very long winded process and certainly wont happen soon. Have you sent the letters previously mentioned?

I would also suggest you advise ya parents to ignore the matter until after the New Year period, theres no point worrying on christmas eve!

Have a great Christmas

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

Yeh we sent the letters and then that was iqors response so what willl we do after christmas then? and do you know hw much is the max they can take from his benefits? As i stated before he is on dla so he only gets 400 pound a month and that has to do him, my mum and my 2 younger siblings a month he gets a couple of other things like industrial injuries but it is not much and out of that he has to pay the rent as well as he is not entitled to housing benefit for some reasons or other.

Thanks for the help

I would contact the Citizens Advice in the new year, and they can double check all his benefits, as if your on DLA you should get HB, but its a minefield that they can sort out.

As for taking from your benefit, its hard to work out, But normally if your say repaying a social loan the max they would take is only a fiver. But remeber they would have to go to court.

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

• 1 month later...

I had to make a new account because there is a problem with my old one :D

My dad sent the letters and they have got back threatening to take him to court and send him to prison and take his driving license off him could anyone offer any advice on what we should do next?

Thanks