help what do we do with this - old halifax mortgage

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok recived their letter and a ie form, but a cannot find there address on there page only their po box number even in the stuff on the bottom of the page isnt this a no no now?

2011-03-16-1148-45.jpg

i have this ready to send back to them

I do not acknowledge any claim made by you or any other party.

You have contact me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by me.

I would point out that under the limitation act 1980 Section 20[1] "no action shall be brought to recover (a) any principle sum of money secured by a mortgage or other charge on the property (whether real or personal)...after the expiration of twelve years from the date on which the right to receive the money accrued".

As the last correspondence/payment or acknowledgement of this debt was made over 12 years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time I suggest that you are no longer able to take any action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed. I would further point out that the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) has agreed that with effect from 11 February 2000, anyone whose property was repossessed and sold and has not been contacted by their lender within six years of the date of sale, will not be asked to pay the shortfall. Whether or not you are a member of the CML, I consider this policy to be an indication of good practice and urge its adoption.

I would also point out that from 31 October 2004 The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has issued ' The Mortgage: Conduct of Business Rules' which say that if a lender decides to recover a mortgage shortfall debt they must make sure the borrower is informed of this within six years of the date of the sale.

As you are the second company in as many years that this alleged debt has been given to, I now require in writing undertaking that this will be the end of this matter within 30 days or I will log complaints with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, and Solicitors Regulation Authority

I hope that this will not be necessary.

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. All phone calls will be treated as harassment and will be reported to the relevant authority’s.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc. (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

You could try their website and see if there is a Registered office on there. I thought they had to show their registered office on ALL letters and Documents.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

well received a reply stating because a payment was made on December 31 2002 its not stat bared but the timer has been reset, now we don't know who payed this as i was not with the wife at the time and she did not have a bank account then or now, so we don't know who payed this, please somebody could you do us a letter template to get them to tell us who payed this when and how much was payed as i suspect it a phantom payment, made by another dca

Well isnt the date of payment a bit convenient, especially when most DCA and Solicitors do not work during the Xmas and new year week. Personally my view would be that as you have not made any payment yourself then you have not acknowledged the debt personally. And in order for it to not be statue barred, they would need you to have personally acknowledged the debt, but you have not, and as its a joint 50/50 agreement. your 50% share of the debt is statute barred, but as your ex made a payment, his share is not statute barred. So yes i think your share is statute barred regardless of your ex making a payment, as his payment only goes toward his share of the debt.

Now i admit, legal issues on mortgages is not my forte, so i may well be wrong here. But as both you and your ex are named on the contract as borrowers of a total sum, then unless the Mortgage agreement states otherwise, both parties owe 50% of the total money lent by the lending party.

Ask them for a copy of the mortgage agreement, informing them that they can black out your ex's details if needed. Even though at the time the document was signed you knew perfectly well what those personal details of his were.

Was their anything in your divorce settlement that made it clear as to who would pay off the debts such as this?

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

pers i'd ignore everything now till/IF you get a claim form hit your doormat

if the OC wanted this money...why have they not asked in +12yrs?

ruddy fleecers!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

THe question still stands that these fools have failed to answer, who made the alledged payment and for how much, now call me cynical but not many people make payments of any kind on New Years EVE, and that if a payment was made then they will have a record of how much and how it was paid.

Backtracking the domain name SHOOSMITHS.CO.UK (they also have .ORG.UK) shows:

Shoosmiths & Harrison Solicitors

Registrant type:

UK Partnership

Registrant's address:

Shoosmiths

The Lakes, Bedford Road

Northampton

Northamptonshire

NN4 7SH

United Kingdom

RoyalMail website confirms the PO Box address, this tracks back to

Shoosmiths. 3 Hardman Street. Spinningfields. Manchester M3 3HF

HTH

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

ok here is a first try at a reply

advice please

I do not acknowledge this and any any claim made by you or any company you claim to represent.

Please supply me with a full breakdown of the balance claimed under the above account.

After taking legal advice after receiving you last letters , I now require you to supply me with answers to the following points for you to prove you have the right to deal with this matter:

When was the last payment made on the account and by whom and by what method and proof that this payment was made by myself and is not a ghost payment by another party?

Also could you please supply me with a full breakdown of all balance claimed under the above account including any and all charges made by you and all other parties in this matter?

I look forward to receiving your reply as soon as possible.

Failure to supply these details within 30 days from the date above, will result in me filing complaints with the Office Of Fair Trading, The Financial Ombudsman Service, Trading Standards, my local MP, and the Undersecretary Of State For Trade And Consumer Affairs.

Yours faithfully

ok here is a first try at a reply

advice please

I do not acknowledge this and any any claim made by you or any company you claim to represent.

Please supply me with a full breakdown of the balance claimed under the above account.

After taking legal advice after receiving you last letters , I now require you to supply me with answers to the following points for you to prove you have the right to deal with this matter:

When was the last payment made on the account and by whom and by what method and proof that this payment was made by myself and is not a ghost payment by another party?

Also could you please supply me with a full breakdown of all balance claimed under the above account including any and all charges made by you and all other parties in this matter?

I look forward to receiving your reply as soon as possible.

Failure to supply these details within 30 days from the date above, will result in me filing complaints with the Office Of Fair Trading, The Financial Ombudsman Service, Trading Standards, my local MP, and the Undersecretary Of State For Trade And Consumer Affairs.

Yours faithfully

Looks good to me but am really tired right now, so mind is a bit slow at moment (Been a long long day well since i was up at 3am this morning it was).

Though others may add to it for you.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

• 3 months later...

ok now after a few weeks of nothing she gets this

what do we do now~?

taken from origional as ocr with relevent parts removed

Date 2 August 201 1

Dear Madam

Our Client: Halifax

Balance Outstanding: £8852.39

We refer you to the above and your recent correspondence.

Your comments in respect to the length of time for our client to re-establish contact with you have been noted. Unfortunately where debt is concerned there is never a good time, however, we adhere to all legal requirements when pursuing this debt with you.

Could We re-iterate our correspondence dated the 28 April 2011 this matter is not statue barred, for the avoidance of any doubt this matter relates to a mortgage. You will be aware a mortgage is sealed under a deed and as such is categorized as a speciality.

In such circumstances this affords the mortgagee a limitation period of 12 years. You will be further aware of the provisions of see Limitation Act 1980 (Fresh accrual action of on acknowledgment or pad payment)

As the cc-borrower, namely the other party, has made payment to the account you should also be' aware of the provisions of s31 Limitation Act 1980. (Effect of acknowledgment or part payment on persons other than the maker or recipient).

It is not relevant who or which of the borrowers (mortgagors) physically make the payment. Our client is not at liberty to disclose information in respective of the joint applicant's payment arrangement. For the sake of clarification the last payment received by our client was on the 31 December 2002

We would advise you that it remains the intention of our client to resolve this matter amicably if possible. But they can only do so with your cooperation.

Yours faithfully

SHOOSMITHS

Edited by lenny100

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

at the end of the day

if its not a county court claim form ignore them

dx

and they