Online Finance and car finance issue now marlin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

**UPDATE** Need some further advice pls

I wrote to MH end of June as previously advised to inform them again that this account is in dispute.

I have been away on holiday and have come home to a letter dated 14th July 2009 from a DCA called Meritforce Doorstep Collection Agents who have a similar address to MH and are using the same ref no. The letter is as follows - can someone pls advise how I should respond ??

Thanks x

AUTHORISED COLLECTOR VISIT

Due to non payment of the above we have been instructed by Mackenzie Hall Lts to collect this debt on their behalf.

An authorised collector will make a visit to your property within the next 10 days.

Should our collector inform us that no positive commitment towards clearing the debt has taken place, your account will be returned to this officer and formal proceedings may be considered

If you do not want our collector to call and would rather arrange settlement, you must contact our clients Makenzie Hall Ltd on 01563 xxx xxx asking for XXX XXXXXXXXX before the 21st July 2009.

Should you fail to make a payment and action is taken, additional costs may be added to your debt.

We look forward to hearing from you. No more reminders will be sent.

Yours sincerely,

xxx xxxxx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hi masjntt

Equifax have changed their policy - they used to hold these searches on your file for 6 years - now its 2 years - I checked on their website today because I've had one of these searches recently made by a DCA for a statute barred debt.

What's an outstanding debt search?

We keep a record of any organisations that have looked at your credit report, in line with the Data Protection Act.

An outstanding debt search means that a company has tried to find you if you've left without clearing your debt.

Depending on how confident the search is, it will show in either the Credit searches or Other searches section of your report. Any company who looks at your credit report will be able to see outstanding debt searches in the Credit searches section, but only you can see the ones in the Other searches section.

Outstanding debt searches stay on your credit report for two years.