Advice Needed Please

DroverAwn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have (had) a NatWest Credit Card with an outstanding balance of around £400. I recieved this letter in the post today and just need some advice in dealing with it. Having rummaged through what statements I do have over the last few years it appears that they (Natwest) owe me more than what theyre trying to claim from me in charges. Naturally I would like to dispute this claim. I saw a template letter drawn up by someone on CAG for someone else in a similar situation but for the life of me cant find that thread.

:confused:

CCI00000.jpg

:eek:

This letter is a computer-generated letter intended to frighten or panic you. Have Natwest notified you in any way that Westcott are no handling this matter? if not then write to Westcott requesting that they explain what this is all about as you have heard nothing from Natwest regarding this matter.

On the other hand if Natwest have advised you that the debt has been passed to Westcott then write to Wescott using letter N in the templates library here to request a copy of your credit agreement. This will cost you £1. Don't sign your letter and don't pay by cheque (as this will also have your signature on it).

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

This letter is a computer-generated letter intended to frighten or panic you. Have NatWest notified you in any way that Westcott are no handling this matter? if not then write to Westcott requesting that they explain what this is all about as you have heard nothing from Natwest regarding this matter.

On the other hand if Natwest have advised you that the debt has been passed to Westcott then write to Wescott using letter N in the templates library here to request a copy of your credit agreement. This will cost you £1. Don't sign your letter and don't pay by cheque (as this will also have your signature on it).

Its probably high time I claimed those unfair charges which would more than negate the balance owed and then some. Would this be the appropriate route when really they've applied unfair charges and now threatening to take me to court for the same said unfair charges? It's them getting their cake and eating it.

They are saying I owe them money when in fact its them that owe me.

:confused:

You haven't answered the questions :)

There's lots to be done. Exactly what depends on your circumstances.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

This letter is a computer-generated letter intended to frighten or panic you. Have NatWest notified you in any way that Westcott are no handling this matter? if not then write to Westcott requesting that they explain what this is all about as you have heard nothing from Natwest regarding this matter.

That would be a yes , they did advise me they would be passing it on, onto whom exactly I'm not sure. I was then contacted by a different DCA initially and now it appears it has been passed onto this lot.