Lex stops smoking, yet again

Mr lex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a miserable wench anyway :D

Don't believe a word of that for a minute :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then, thats my nice little 'lets help Lex give up' thread ruined then :eek:

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

aww Lex, how about, if you dont give up then we will come down there and force feed you G's pastys

NO !! Not that !!

Anything but that, well nearly anything :p

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

After what you said about 'no icey lemon' and the withering look you gave me when I lit up outside. I wonder !! :eek:

&

Right then, I got my 'Champix'

Here's how it goes. You take one 0.5mg tablet for three days, then two 0.5mg tablets for four days. At the end of week one, you stop smoking and you increase the dose to two 1.0mg tablets from then till the end of the course. I'll update as to how I am feeling...........

&

Hi Mr Lex

I have been off the ciggarettes for months now. Champix really does work. Sometimes it takes up to about day 14. You have NO craving and don't even think about smoking. The smell actually puts you off............

Wish hubby would give it a go .............. !!

A bit doggy more like mate, sounds like dog food to me :D

Hmmm that sounds familiar - I thought it was dog food too :D

(hides from CG's kinky boots)

I've been away from CAG for too long obviously. You do realise that you will have to wear your kinky boots for the Manc Meet CG :eek: We need proof :lol:

Right then, I got my 'Champix'

Here's how it goes. You take one 0.5mg tablet for three days, then two 0.5mg tablets for four days. At the end of week one, you stop smoking and you increase the dose to two 1.0mg tablets (that'll be the blue ones then "says Bo the Champix Pro" ;)) from then till the end of the course. I'll update as to how I am feeling...........

Hehehehe, that's what I thought Lexy :p It's the "stop smoking" bit that got me :D It took me about 2-3 weeks and a threat from the practice nurse, who said she would stop letting the doctor prescribe them for me, for me to stop entirely. Having said that, I just got up one Saturday morning and made my decision.

I had no side effects whatsoever with Champix and would definitely recommend them as they don't contain nicotine and merely work on the neurotransmitters in your brain telling you that you've already had a fag when you haven't :eek:

You go for it Lex, we're right behind you xx

PS - Can I borrow your shotgun???? :lol:

Well done Jake44,

Why don't you start a thread here and tell us about it ? I am sure it will help a lot of people who are thinking about going down this route. :D

I am really fired up about this Bo, looking forward to being *Fag free* again. I felt so much better last time.

Lex

&

Well done Jake44,

I am really fired up about this Bo, looking forward to being *Fag free* again. I felt so much better last time.

Lex

Something tells me that little monster not gonna stand a chance :)

way to go lex :)

Well done Jake44,

Why don't you start a thread here and tell us about it ? I am sure it will help a lot of people who are thinking about going down this route. :D

Lex

Oh, very well done Jake - you go for it :)

Well, if it's any help Lex, the Champix are my favourite as far as stopping is concerned - I should be on commission here, I'd be minted :D

I'm watching your thread carefully as you are an inspiration to me because of your sheer determination to quit. If you can do it, then anyone can. I will get there one day and my sub to this thread will be a constant reminder of how I really need to get my act together and ditch the cigs 8)

Go get 'em tiger :lol:

Day five of 'Champix' no side effects so far :D

&

It's really weird if I'm honest (just posting coz Lex isn't about ;)) but you don't feel any different when you first stop. You aren't getting any nicotine but it feels like you are as the Champix work on the neurotransmitters in your brain to tell you that you have had a fag even though you haven't - they are amazing IMO :)

It's really weird if I'm honest (just posting coz Lex isn't about ;)) but you don't feel any different when you first stop. You aren't getting any nicotine but it feels like you are as the Champix work on the neurotransmitters in your brain to tell you that you have had a fag even though you haven't - they are amazing IMO :)

They certainly are!! :wink::grin:

How long is it now CG? - I'm feeling guilty now, I should've kept it up :-(

I have been quit for 10 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 1 hour, 44 minutes and 34 seconds (324 days). I have saved £1,296.28 by not smoking 6,481 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 12 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 29/11/2007 22:43

As we speak :-D

• Haha 1

It's day seven of Champix !!

I start the double dose of the big fellas tomorrow and look to pack up the smokes on Tues/Wed.

I dint feel too deferent yet, apart from a dry mouth. They should kick in now the dose has gone up.

Lex

&

It's day seven of Champix !!

I start the double dose of the big fellas tomorrow and look to pack up the smokes on Tues/Wed.

I dint feel too deferent yet, apart from a dry mouth. They should kick in now the dose has gone up.

Lex

Thanks Lex :wink:

I didnt give up til day 10, but could've done it before (was only cos i had some baccy left and didnt want to waste it lol)

The dry mouth is a problem but not major, just make sure you always take the am one with food or you will feel nauseous

Lula the dose in the 1 tablet doubles on day 5 then you start taking 2 from day 7 if i remember correctly although please bear in mind it was nearly a year ago for me now. ;)