Welcome/Cohens - case withdrawn ***WOO-HOO ***

Prudence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have You Taken Up The Free 30 Day Offer Before

Just Cancel In A Few Weeks

Its Just I Need To Know Who To Go After

Thats Why They Are Reluctant To Release The Notice/deed Of Assignment

As I Said Before

My Gut Is Telling Me This

I Still Believe This Mkrr Is Something To Do With Welcome

Why Not Cl Finance Or Lewis

Just Need The Jigsaw To Fit Together

Hey there,

during telephone call to them the young boy on phone admitted they were new company set up to deal with welcome accounts-in other words welcome under newname almost!

• 1 month later...

To save anyone having to read through this long thread... a quick resume. We had a CCJfrom Welcome Finance set aside then we put in a Defence and at the last minute, WF "discontinued". WF didn't ever show up to any hearing. At the last hearing, the judge would not (said he could not) order the removal of the markers on our credit record. Now the account has been passed ("assigned" WF tell us) to MKRR. They have sent several letters. We have written, sent a great letter with the great help of Postggj but have had reply to the effect that they will not remove the record and will continue to demand the money. This is now the only blot on our record and it is making us like lepers. We are no spring chickens and cannot afford to wait however many years before it goes. Can anyone advise what can we do? If we had a good enough case to get the CCJ removed, and WF didn't even defend, can't we either take them to Court re the credit record, report them or do something? We have suffered so much with these people and they continue to have the last laugh.

Hi All,

I'd be really grateful for any advice on the following. To save anyone having to read through my long thread... a quick resume. ...

We had a CCJ from Welcome Finance set asidelink3.gif then we put in a Defence and at the last minute, WF "discontinued". WF didn't ever show up to any hearing. At the last hearing, the judge would not (said he could not) order the removal of the markers on our credit record. Now the account has been passed ("assigned" WF tell us) to MKRR. They have sent several threatening letters. We have written to both MKRR and WF, sent a great letter with the help of Postggj but have had a reply from MKRR to the effect that they will not remove the record and will continue to demand the money. This is now the only blot on our record and it is making us like lepers. We are no 'spring chickens' and cannot afford to wait however many years before it goes. Can anyone advise what can we do? If we had a good enough case to get the CCJ removed, and WF didn't even defend, can't we either take them to Court re the credit record, report them or do something? We have suffered so much with these people and they continue to have the last laugh.

Thanks very much Steven. The Defence included details of faulty Default Notice (did not comply with time period), the Agreement not being headed properly, missold PPI (also it being included in the total amount of credit). In the AQ, we implied an impending Counterclaim (on advice on here) re PPI but have not taken any action on that. I will send MKRR the CCA letter tomorrow, thanks for that. We will do everything we can possibly do to get this sorted. Any help & advice will be really welcome. Thankyou. P

Prudence

Let us know when (if) you get anything from MKRR. I think you need to wait for thet before proceeding.

In the meantime you (and everyone else) might be interested in this - http://www.journalism.co.uk/66/articles/539539.php

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steven

It's been over three weeks now and still no reply or acknowledgement from MKRR to our CCA request. Please advise, what should be our next step? We are very keen to see this through as soon as possible. It has put our life on hold for long enough. Thanks very much Steven.

Pru

Prudence

What was the gist of your defence? That is important in knowing how to deal with MKRR. I the meantime send MKRR a CCA s77 request.

Thanks Steven. Where does that leave us? Can we start Court action against MKRR re removal of the data?

They have to reply to a CCA request within 12 working days otherwise they are in default and the accoungt is in dispute. They can take no colection activity while their breach continues - s77(4) of the CCA 1974

I think that would be jumping the gun a bit. Once they reply, then their 'default' ends, however long it takes. It used to be an offence if they went over 30 days but that provision was repealed.

Thanks very much for the info Steven. It all sounds like we have no hope! You say 'once they reply' .... that is likely to be never! When WF/Cohens 'Discontinued' our case (never once showed up at Court) I would have thought we would have a strong case to enforce them to remove the data from our credit files. Now that they have passed onto MKRR and MKRR can't even produce the credit agreement, can't we do anything? We will see a Solicitor if we have to and if it will be worthwhile. We must do something!

I think that would be jumping the gun a bit. Once they reply, then their 'default' ends, however long it takes. It used to be an offence if they went over 30 days but that provision was repealed.