SB100 v MBNA ( Link have issued proceedings )

SB100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No CCA from the CCA request, and no CCA with the SARS either...

Thanks

SB:)

Then they are in default of one (CCA request) and if they are outside of the 40 days on the SAR, you can make an official complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did actually respond to the SAR, but all that they sent was basically the activity on the account over the last six years- ie payments received and money spent, plus one or two late charges and interest.

Nothing else whatsoever. No agreement, no notes etc.

I suspect (and hope) they may be in difficulty... :)

thanks for the click SB100

i suspect they dont have much more then for you, i had loads of stuff so not sure what the next position is for you to action

im sure others more experienced will come along to give you some help

take care in the meantime, ill have a hunt around too if i come across anything useful, ill let you know

ciao for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

They did actually respond to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), but all that they sent was basically the activity on the account over the last six years- ie payments received and money spent, plus one or two late charges and interest.

Nothing else whatsoever. No agreement, no notes etc.

I suspect (and hope) they may be in difficulty... :)

There isnt a great deal they can do without the agreement and if the account is older than 6 years, they are going to have a hard job proving the brought forward balance on the first statement they have supplied you with :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I didn't expect the response I received yesterday...

I have my own views on this, but what do you think... enforceable or not?

mbnacca.jpg?t=1227179074

• It clearly states Application
  • The box on the right, towards the bottom, which reads 'Please issue me an MBNA Credit Card etc' isn't ticked.
  • The document looks like its been reduced in size- looking at my signature (which I've blanked out) and comparing it with the 'other' signature there is a significant difference in size. Looks to me like the signature that appears on it (reads Anne Y Hogan or something?) has been put on to the printed copy (reduced size) raher than the original.
  • There are some t&c's on the next sheet, which may have been printed on the reverse, but the document I've posted appears to be the full front page.

HIYA sb100

well i just wanted to say hi and ive seen your scans, but really i dont know

i will be interested in what the experts in our midst make of it, at least yours are legible,

sure it looks like an application but i still get confused by what is presented to us by these creditors,

will check later for any replies, but lets keep fingers crossed its one that you can throw away,,,,lol

ciao keep positive MAZ:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

SB, you might find posts 134 and 135 by surfaceagentx20 and pt2537 useful .. in the following link:D in post 134 you need to look at (d)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/168022-brw-particularly-nasty-bank-7.html#post1825132

BCOBS

So the word 'card' being omitted from the title could be important?

Thanks.

Please dont take this as gospel, get it confirmed by either x20 or pt2537, but the way I read their posts is.. if the company want an Application form to be treated as an Agreement, then they should have the proper headings....

BCOBS

It might be a good idea to pm ChalkitUp, he has a data base of MBNA documents and might be able to offer you some advice.

One thing I do note on the alleged terms and conditions is

"3:. Within 26 days after the relevant statement date you must make either the minimum payment shown on the statement or any larger payment chosen by you unless we allow a payment holiday under condition 9.4. "

Ummm, there is no condition 9.4 :?:D

similarly in

8: Reference is made to 8.11

10:. They refer to condition 9.1, again there is no condition 9.1

10 ©. They refer to condition 14.1.. where is that ?

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Hello CitizenB,

As in some of their other "agreements" MBNA sort of cover themselves for the missing conditions by their statement just before paragraph 1 which says .....

"Set out in paragraph 1-12 below are conditions 8 and 9 of the MBNA Credit Card Terms and Conditions of use. The other conditions referred to in those paragraphs and the applicable definitions can be found in those Terms and Conditions".

This is a very good quality copy!!! One of the best I have seen. Can not find a link on page one to the prescribed terms which I presume MBNA are trying to imply are printed on the reverse.

You need to establish a link to the prescribed terms .... My gut feeling is that the prescribed terms will not have been on the reverse of the original!!

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

• Haha 2

Ok, so I'm going to have to respond. Any ideas?

Was thinking about something like this;

Thank you for your letter and copy of my original application form which I received...

I note that this is an application form and not an agreement. For an application form to be treated as and agreement the wording in the title must one of the following...
(and use the info pointed to on the other thread).

Furthermore, I note that you have photocopied some terms and conditions on to the reverse of the application form. There is, however, no evidence that this is, in fact, from the reverse side of the application form- nor is there any reference that there are terms and conditions on the reverse.

I also note that several of the conditions refer to other conditions, but list references that do not exist in your terms and conditions
(as kindly noted by chalkitup above)

Something like that anyway- any help gratefully received!

I think I am slightly out of my depth with this SB. :-( Hopefully someone with more knowledge will pop in and give their opinion for you.

BCOBS

The salient point is that the prescribed terms must be contained within the four corners of the agreement. They can not be contained in another document entitled terms and conditions.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello SB100!

There's something very, very, very suspect about the alleged Agreement you have posted above in:

Post #31

and

Post #32

If you look at the bleed-through of one to the other, they do not, by any stretch of the imagination, line up with each other.

This looks to be a very poor lash up document. They've just added Terms to the back to try and make you think they were there on the Original.

If they go anywhere near Court with this, then hit them with a CPR 31.14 Request to make a Physical Inspection.

Nice try MBNA, better luck next time.

Cheers,

BRW

I received an almost identical CCA today, see 'cosalt v mbna' but the back of mine has a different titlec on the back.

Waiting for someone to take a look at mine, hopefully we may be able to help each other ?