GE Money

rippedoff17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In june this year i broke my ankle and leg in 3 places and being self empolyed meant that we have no funds coming in we called GE Money within days and explained this but all they said was sorry but payments must be kept up or they will take action. Yes they took action and now have a possession order over the house, iam still unable to work or even walk as yet thus no work still no money, we get benefit of 94.50 week, the mortgage is over £1000 month and now in arrears on £4k.

Details

1, House load £136k, 2nd load £23k, 3nd loan £13k total of £172k, they is also a company noted an interest on the house regarding an outstanding CCJ and the house is only worth £165k at present due to the housing markets

We are thinking of renting a house for £750 per month now before they coming asking for the keys and giving up the house, by moving out now are we breaking the law by moving ? also because their are secured loans on the house what happens about the shortfall.

Any feedback would be great as we are unsure which way to go, we think by moving out now in our time and not being moved by a bank is better.

Cheers

:(

Hi there. Sorry about youe leg, I do hop eyou are on the roasd to recovery.

People with more knowledge will be along. The way I see it is that you are not breaking the law br moving out. IF you leave the house and hand it over to the mortagage company they will sell it. This will be for an awful lot less than it is worth. On top of that they will also charge you through the roof.

So you will have a shortfall that they will chase you for. Do you think there will be any chance you will return to work??

Have you been to court for possesion or are they trying to get possesion. ??

If they donot have a possesion orderb then you could still fight this.

olivesxxx

Hi sadly iam unable to work until early next year after a few more operations, GE Money already have a possession order over the house and unless we repay the arrears they will go to court to take possession, we have even asked GE Money to given consent so we can rent it out to cover the mortgage but they have refused so letting companys will not rent it out. The rent would cover the mortgage an dpart of the loans.

GE Money are not helping at all every way we turn they stop us straight away, we hope GE Money are HIT HARD by tis credit crunch

GE Money are not helping at all every way we turn they stop us straight away, we hope GE Money are HIT HARD by tis credit crunch

I think we are all feeling like that at the mo about sub prime mortgage companies.

Have you asked to go intrest only. I know that the DSS pay mortgage intrest but that does take weeks to sort unfortunately. Have you also written to GE to ask them about renting or was this a phone conversation. If GE want possession you can defend it if yo want and the guys on here will help as much as possible.

olives xxx

Hi yes the Dss takes weeks, we have sent a letter by recorded mail to GE Money asking for consent to rent the house out but as yet they have not even replied, every time they call its demending money money money which we clearly do not have thus looking at leaving and going into rented.

cheers

Hi the possession order was granted and put on hold because we paid the arrears, now we are behind again and no way able to pay GE Money stated they will file to take possession. any feedback would be great,

Also we are willing to move out and rent the house so the morgage can be paid direct to the lender but we need consent and they are not playing ball.

Hi there, sorry to hear of your situation. Are you able to pay anything at each month towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payment? If so, we can put forward a defence for you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

1, House load £136k, 2nd load £23k, 3nd loan £13k total of £172k, they is also a company noted an interest on the house regarding an outstanding CCJ and the house is only worth £165k at present due to the housing markets

Hi, for what it's worth: If I were you then, I would be inclined to rent a private or council/housing association house and hand them back the keys.

I'm self employed and know exactly what your going through. You have such an uphill battle you must ask yourself is it worth it?

Good luck!

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast