Question about claiming costs

djdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am the claimant trying to get a default removed and claiming breach of S10 of the Data Protection Act.

My hearing is on Monday 29th and I have one quick question about claiming costs - should I win, obviously!

I'll be claiming for the cost of sending letters recorded delivery, the ink cartridges needed to print them, phone calls to the Information Commissioner, petrol to take papers to the Court and just about anything else I can think of. But what is the guideline / rule regarding claiming for time spent writing letters and preparing the case? I seem to recall seeing £8/hour but is there anywhere this is written?

Also, to further complicate things, such costs are clearly designed to recompense someone who has had to take time off work. I'm on Incapacity Benefit I don't suffer loss of earnings, so would I still be entitled to claim?

Many thanks in advance for you help.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Googling "Litigant in person" confirms that you are correct, my spreadsheet's duly updated and now I'm trying to learn CPR48.6!

Thanks for the reply :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)