Bank Charges From Abbey National Help!

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bookworm

Thanks for the info, i'll get that letter of to the Bank with my Hardship case. On the DD can i cancel from the bank or do i have to contact AOL and cancel it from there.

Hi 42man

Thanks for moving this to to the Abbey forum.

Gaz

Hi Bookworm

I did ask the bank on saturday, if they could move this DD to my other account as thats got an overdraft facility on it that i dont use at the moment. But they said they couldn't move or cancel this, As i need to contact the people direct to get the DD moved.

Gaz

Ah, yet another fine piece of advice by Abbey. :rolleyes:

Don't ask, tell them. Tell them you want this DD cancelled, and to do it now.

Then you'll have to contact AOL to tell them that you have done so and give them your new account details where you want the DD to go to from now on, or ask them for their account details so you can start paying by BACS/Standing Order (If they'll let you, I haven't been with AOL for many more years than I can recall).

• 1 month later...

Is there an update on this one Gazza ? :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB

Yes there are update to this, Abey took £40 out of my account again.

This was due to the charging me the first month bringing me just overdrawn, then refunding me £35 bringing me back into credit, but because the original charges took me over they decided to take £40 out for the sake of it.

Funny you asked about updates i received a letter yesterday from Abbey same person, saying he can't see where i'm in hardship and the charges are fare.

Here's the letter i received yesterday.

AbbeyP1.jpg

AbbetP2.jpg

AbbeyP3.jpg

So i don't know where to go from here, as writing to this person just like talking to a brickwall.

Gaz

write to them and "DEMAND" ( milton keynes address ) it is forwarded to the "HARDSHIP TEAM" was set up in early september, if you are on Benifits, normaly takes 4 - 6 weeks to get resolved or if you ring C/S and tell them you are a hardship case and get them to refer your case to the "HARDSHIP TEAM"

or the email customerservice@abbey.com

and give them info etc of your situation and ask them to get the HARSHIP TEAM" to ring you are a "HARDSHIP CASE" when they ring you they can take all your details etc over the phone , benifits and out-goings etc etc

Hi Kipower

Thanks for coming to my thread and your info.

I'll get onto them, as this Richard Harris from Abbey seems usless i did send him a breakdown off all my outgoings but i think he just turned a blind eye.

I'll do what you said and i'll get intouch with Customer Service.

Gaz

Good luck with this Gazza :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Just to warn all to check there statements from Santander.

Received my statement through today and was charged 3 £25 fees total £75 in charges for Unauthorised Overdraft/Instant Overdraft.

The thing is i never went over my limit at all, as i checked my statement on line.

I contacted Santander and they apologised as this was a computer error, and have removed these charges from my account.

Gaz

• Haha 1

Guest Old_andrew2018

Would this apply to Alliance & Leicester accounts, I am ashamed to say I don't check my statements on a regular basis, I should know better.

Hi Old Andrew

No, it's only to do with Abbey/Santander.

It would of cought me out, until i went on line to check my account.

So it will keep me on my toes when i receive a statement in future.

Gaz

Guest Old_andrew2018

Tanks Gazza,

Abbey and A&L are now in the same stable so I'l keep a close watch on my account, I glad I noticed your post.

Andy

They have just send my new ATM card to the wrong address!! Luckily its a small community and my postman saw that it was delivered to me. Complete fraudsters indeed for deducting charges wrongfully too

Guest Old_andrew2018

Well I've had a e-mail and now a letter from Santander, A&L will be transferred to Santander, totally opposite to what was stated when they took over.

I expect I'll have to suffer from the incompetence that is Santander.

Andy