Underage Gambling

RDJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Monkey

I am trying to help the lad. If he went, IMHO, too far with this, he could find himself in massive trouble.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

There was a guy this week who used his mates business to fund his gambling addiction. He was left in charge of the business and put £1 million pounds through a betting site. He's been charged with theft and fraud and is looking at a good few years inside.

You've basically used another persons credit card, which then involves them too. Technically, this could even go as far as social services for irresponsible parenting. False information could indeed be seen as money laundering, probably one of the biggest crimes in the gambling world. And obviously changing documents is blatant fraud to deceive.

If I were you, I would consider myself lucky not to be behind bars.

Quit now, close every account you have and consider yourself lucky every morning when you wake up in your own bed!

Please please take a look at the gambler anonymous website. There are life stories on there posted by gamblers and they make for a shocking wake up call.

With regards to trying to get your cash back, dont be a fool.

You are very luck not to be in nick for all the offences you have commited and if you do wake up the law you will find it very very difficult to put them back to sleep.

let sleeping dogs lie mate.

Halifax - £2500

Legal & Trade - Webt to courtfor Breach CCA, Complained to OFT they ruled in my favour, So did court, 2k written off.

NatWest - Contactual Interest - Won:p

If a minor went to a pub and attempted to buy alcoholic beverages, when asked her age, if she said 18, and the barman served her, even though she is only 16, does this make the establishments and possibly the barman immune from prosecution? No, it doesn't. It'd be a bit of ammunition to aid his arguement, but IMHO and in my experiece, it wouldn't stand up in court.

If she produced a fake proof of age, then this is a different matter.

The same principle, IMHO, applies in this case.

---

The OP really needs to get this problem sorted out. He won't think it is a problem, he will think he has it controlled, but the temptation will ALWAYS be there. Yes, you've only lost money that you had (and for a kid, that is a lot of money to have, but that is beside the point, fair play to him!) but think about what you COULD HAVE done with that money...bought a car...part of a deposit for a house....and so on...

When te temptation is there, no matter what the odds, and where it is a "dead cert", just remember how you'll feel when you lose. You will lose.

You are almost certain never to see a poor bookie, and trust me, I know ;-)

Best of luck to the OP in doing whatever he feels is right.

We shouldn't be judging him, I might or might not agree with what he is trying to do, but what he's doing his is parrogative, so lets just do what we do best and help him in any way we can hey?!

I say again most here are not judging him but trying to give him advice based on what he has told us. Of course he can pursue these firms, he might even win

Almost all on the site (including me) want to see firms that trade on the weaknesses of others brought to their knees but my main concern is for his Mother who whilst being silly in allowing him access to her card may find her life turned upside down because of the actions of her child & I would expect this to be his 1st priority

I say again most here are not judging him but trying to give him advice based on what he has told us. Of course he can pursue these firms, he might even win

Almost all on the site (including me) want to see firms that trade on the weaknesses of others brought to their knees but my main concern is for his Mother who whilst being silly in allowing him access to her card may find her life turned upside down because of the actions of her child & I would expect this to be his 1st priority

Further to what JC says, if the OP pursues this action he may well find it backfiring on him quite spectacularly; this would make his and his family's lives yet worse; especially if it results in a custodial sentence for fraud related offences. From the sounds of it, much of what he did was done while he was over the age of 16 which makes him legally responsible to an extent. Nobody here has, I don't think, judged him; they're merely telling him to drop it as the consequences for him and his could be disastrous.

• Confused 1

I've read most of the posts on this thread.

Try to claim all he may but I'm sure that this will backfire.

Any claim would certainly be defended and it only needs one mention of untruths in court for your credibility to fall below your knees.

If you have no visible credibility in a Court you loose.

He should also be reminded that CC judges are under a duty to report any criminality to the DPP for investigation.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

To me, the OP (and his family) have two choices:

1. Leave things alone, learn from their mistakes etc.

2. Report the use of the card as fraudulent and attempt to get the money back from the card issuer (who will, in turn, attempt to get this back from the merchant). This will involve reporting the matter to the police.

I know which option I'd prefer...

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50