AA99 v MBNA (Account 1)

AA99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It couldn't have been the page you needed to send back to get the app agreed?

In which case though I thought they needed to send you a copy back, so it's still odd.

Sorry, that was no help at all:rolleyes:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes Lexis, that's what I thought. I think I must write to them now and ask for the other pages too and see if they send the same ones I've got?!

Citb,

1. The parties, both named

2. Key Financial Information. We will decide your credit limit......gives APR and they will send monthly statements......

3. Other Financial Information. Total charge for credit based on an example of £1500, interest rates, calculte interest on avg daily balance....

4. Key Information, charges £25

Printers reference numbers, page 3 read 0050/00/AP 1/5 and on page 4 on the back is 0081017 04/06 and below that TEABCH 52 05/05 BP0843

Well, it's taken a few months and much harassment but it looks like MBNA have come up with an enforceable one:mad: This is however only pages 3&4 of 8, so shall write to request full pages :confused:

This is mine! Post #42

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/196098-mbna-agreements-application-forms.html

Hi AA, yes I am sorry about that. I asked one of the site team to go through them and advise which ones were and which ones werent.

With no disrespect to your avatar.. there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Have you received a default notice, if so is that correct, and if it isnt, have you had a termination notice.

I noticed an earlier post where there was a query over the account numbers. If the DCA has used another reference, they must link it to the original account so you at least have the chance of recognising it. Go through your SAR to see if it was changed by the original creditor first.

Are there any discrepancies on the account itself, the amount they are claiming, were interest rates applied correctly.

I think it was supersnoops who is advising people to make sure they have "comms record" included in their SAR apparently that is quite an interesting read.

SO if you dont think you have information and you are chasing MBNA up .. ask for that at the same time.

All is not lost just yet.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it was supersnoops who is advising people to make sure they have "comms record" included in their SAR apparently that is quite an interesting read.

What's a comms record CB??:-?

By the way, you're doing a great job with your MBNA agreements thread!! :D

Cheer up AA, given that the agreement was only taken out in 2006 I think it was a fair bet that they would track it down. To be honest, on the face of it, my agreement contains the prescribed terms (assuming that the back really is the back and contains the squeezed in column) but MBNA have mucked up the DN, as seems so commonplace with them. So, as CB suggested, check this out also.

Good luck!! ;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

By the way, you're doing a great job with your MBNA agreements thread!! :D

Cheer up AA, given that the agreement was only taken out in 2006 I think it was a fair bet that they would track it down. To be honest, on the face of it, my agreement contains the prescribed terms (assuming that the back really is the back and contains the squeezed in column) but MBNA have mucked up the DN, as seems so commonplace with them. So, as CB suggested, check this out also.

Good luck!! ;)

I will find one of supersnoopers posts and find out exactly WM :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Here you go, this post was by supersnooper I have included the link as well

Hi there,

I would suggest that you send an Subject Access Request as soon as possible to MBNA.

In the Subject Access Request letter, stipulate that you wish for a full "comms log" of the account.

This document will show everthing you need to know about the account - date DN was sent, date docs where issued etc..............welll worth £10.00.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2145299.html

HTH

:D

BCOBS

At the request of the ICO in March, I did received my SAR requested in November. This was the account they wrote that they didn't have a CCA!!

I just don't understand the SAR codes enough though and need to go back through to fine-pick it! Is this in itself allowed? Shouldn't they translate it into layman's terms before presenting it to the layman :???: £10 is £10 after all :mad:

Particularly unhappy with this account though because it is my single biggest one!!! £8,500 credit limit at supposedly 12.9% for life :mad:

AA, yes they must provided you with a list of their codes. If they havent, then write and ask them for it. If they dont provide you with one, then it is back to the ICO for their help in getting MBNA to supply.

BCOBS

SOunds as though Ms Powell is chucking her toys out the pram :D

BCOBS

Until you miss a minimum payment I'm guessing AA!!!:mad:

Absolutely, then 29.7% !!!:evil:

I now have a small collection of Gail Powell letters and I recognise some of the same pick and mix paragraphs.

The correct "regulator" (I use the term loosely) is not the FOS but the ICO.

Yup, will get back to them about the Codes I think, but will deal directly with Apex from now on ;)

Do get back to them but don't hold your breath ;) .

Gail Powell told me that they had fulfilled their obligations completely, so that's all right then.

Remember to reserve the right of set off against Apex for a harassment claim against MBNA - you would be pushing your luck to get set-off for a harassment claim against an assignee but it gives you the option (and a bargaining chip). Just because MBNA will no longer be harassing you does not mean they had not been harassing you before.

Do get back to them but don't hold your breath ;) .

Gail Powell told me that they had fulfilled their obligations completely, so that's all right then.

Remember to reserve the right of set off against Apex for a harassment claim against MBNA - you would be pushing your luck to get set-off for a harassment claim against an assignee but it gives you the option (and a bargaining chip). Just because MBNA will no longer be harassing you does not mean they had not been harassing you before.

Yes, thank you VS, Steven advised the same:cool: This has got to be the thickest file I possess and I'm glad I have the ICO involved ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Account no.3

Received a letter from 1st credit dated 22nd May, introducing their DEBT HELP TEAM. Available to discuss the matter with me in a courteous and considerate manner.

Another letter from them dated 01 June :

MBNAAcc3EditedcopyofCCAfromCapquest.jpg

5 A4 printed sheets of CCA with a grey tick in box for MBNA and OH. Strange the letter refers to us confirming it's our signature and if we think a fraud has take place....... recommend that it's reported to the Police :eek:

Edited by AA99
Should be Acc.3

What a lot of twaddle! It looks as if it is trying to look reasonable and business like whereas it is just obstructive. It also misses the point.

An organisation less reputable than 1st Credit might use the opportunity to lift the signature from any proof provided by an unwary non-Cagger and cut and paste it into a reconstruction. However, I'm sure that 1st Credit wouldn't do that.

What a lot of twaddle! It looks as if it is trying to look reasonable and business like whereas it is just obstructive. It also misses the point.

An organisation less reputable than 1st Credit might use the opportunity to lift the signature from any proof provided by an unwary non-Cagger and cut and paste it into a reconstruction. However, I'm sure that 1st Credit wouldn't do that.

Had lost track of the date (just read the letter without re-reading any of the rest of the thread) but that just makes the letter even more tauroscatalogical.

How could your passport possibly be relevant to determining whether the tick is your tick or someone else's tick? Honestly!

Am very tempted to either submit a signature and see what they do with it:cool: or take their advice and confirm that is not my signature and call the police :rolleyes: