3 network, DCA and no proof of debt!!

SpiceBoy!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning CAGers :D

back in 2005 I had a contract with 3 and it went into arrears etc and I payed off what I owed with them and that was that...

in the past 12 months I have started getting letters and phone calls from Wescot demanding £73 from me in regards to this contract...

Now on 1 phone call, I asked the guy what proof they had of the debt as I had no knowledge of it....

his answer was 'I have no idea, all we know is 3 told us you owe them £73 and that's it'

Their letters keep chenging aswell, 1 min they are going to court to get a CCJ, then they are arranging a doorstep collection, then they are just simply demanding the money!!

Nothing ever comes of what they tell me in the letters!

Any thoughts on what steps I should take?

Spiceboy, Keep an eye on your credit rating! I'm guessing they will have logged a default.

Write to the DCA, say you have no knowledge of this debt and they need to send proof of it. Without proof they are committing a criminal offence by asking for the funds.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar