3 - Cancelling Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(1)

I am a long term 3 customer, been with them 2 years+. Contract came up for renewal and agreed to 300 texts or minutes "Mix and Match" at £12 a month plus a new phone. Got my bill and the plan they have put me on is 50 text + 150 minutes. First month I used 130 texts and 48 minutes so was charged accordingly.

I rang them up to dispute the plan they have put me on and they have point blank refused to help in any way whatsoever.

(2)

The phone I got when I went onto the new plan was a Nokia 6500 slide. It is AWFUL, I get no reception at home or work and only few places inbetween do get reception. It also freezes regularly and needs the battery removing to get it into life again.

I phone 3 who said to restore factory settings and again offered no help beyond this.

(3)

A few weeks ago they sent a letter to say they were changing the contract, any call lasting less then a minute will be charged 1 minute and per second thereafter.

I used this as an escape clause to cancel the contract under their terms and conditions within the contract. They responded in writing to say that I had already agreed to this change when I got the new phone but NO paperwork was ever sent out and nothing was signed. No mention was made of these changes on the phone.

SUMMARY!

I absolutely despise 3 and their customer service team. I want to get away from 3 even if it means going onto another, more expensive plan. I have 3 fronts to attack on but not sure how to attack. If point (3) is successful there is no point in wasting my time on (1) and (2).

Please help!

I have spoken to them again today regarding point (3) and they have said that no new contract was signed and no attempt was made to make me aware of the changes regarding the sub 60 second phone call charging but when I upgraded my plan in May 2008 I agreed to these changes. I asked how I agreed to them if I wasn't made aware of them to which they couldn't answer.

It is clear I am getting nowhere with this and thinking it might be easier to cancel the direct debit and fight whatever action they take against that.

I have the email address of their CEO at home (or rather the CEO in 2005 - I will check to see if it is the same gentleman).

I had much the same issues are you complain. 3 was even worse back then I can assure you.

As an aside the very early 3 handsets used to get very hot when you used them even for a couple of minutes. I complained that their handsets were giving me headaches and they were very quick to release me from the contract!

BB

I had the issue that the contract sold to me through a 3rd part was under false pretences (mis-sold) and so after many long phone calls to customer service / emails I eventually was advised by my local Citizens Advice Bureau to simply cancel my direct debit..

I also have the Nokia 6500 Slide. Yes the signal is rubbish. Yes it's a refurb and creeks and makes dodgy noises that make it not sound new. Finally, YES the handset gets very hot during use!

3 are now threatening me with a debt collection service and a negative impact on my credit rating.

my local citizens advice have responded to this by telling me to make a formal complaint either to 3 or to OFTELO.

/edit - just found that letter and am now going to add this to my lovely complaint to 3 as well; fingers crossed that with the addition of this I can finally get out of this contract!!

Edited by romia0506