philips lcd tv problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had my lcd television for 2 years ,

last night I noticed lots of rainbow stripes around the people on the screen ,at first I thought it was a special effect on the tv show ,but then the news came on and the same with the newsreader ,also when the screen goes blank it looks like swirls of smoke .

I bought this from littlewoods cat ,I caled them but they said there is nothing they can do as it is 1 year out of warranty ,,

does anyone know what my rights are ,as I would have expected a television to last more than 2 years.

Guest Old_andrew2018

you are correct it is unacceptable, have you considered writing to them and reminding them of their obligations under the SoGA.

It is really not worth telephoning, their call centre operatives can only state what they are told to say.

I spoke to littlewoods on sunday,of course I got the usual out of warranty we cant help speech.

I called back yesterday after reading about SOGA,

they were much more helpful ,and have organised for the manager to give me a call tomorrow ,once they have looked into what they can do .

I will let you know the outcome.

• 4 weeks later...
I have had my lcd television for 2 years ,

last night I noticed lots of rainbow stripes around the people on the screen ,at first I thought it was a special effect on the tv show ,but then the news came on and the same with the newsreader ,also when the screen goes blank it looks like swirls of smoke .

I bought this from littlewoods cat ,I caled them but they said there is nothing they can do as it is 1 year out of warranty ,,

does anyone know what my rights are ,as I would have expected a television to last more than 2 years.

Right you need to send the following letter with your details and info of the TV, giving them 14 days to sort this problem out.

Tem10003.gif