SLC Letter for Debts over 6 years old

skier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, this is my first post and I'm hoping to get some advice. I have just recieved a letter from the student loans company requesting payment from loans dating back from 91 to 95. I am sure I finished making all the payments over 5 years ago however have not kept the paperwork. They must have contacted me throught the land registry (?) as I bought a house last October and this is the first I have heard from them.

Please can someone advise me about loans from a long period ago and what the law is on this?

Thanks

Depending on the situation I would probably send a SAR to the Student Loans Company (stating with "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company").

If you can't scan the letter write what it says- removing all account numbers, names, etc

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

depends on the loan type i guess, i am sure i read somewhere that government student loans are repayable only after you earn a certain amount and have no expiry date. also am i right in thinking it is taken direct from you wage?

Student Loans pre-1998 are governed by the CCA.

Later loans are different- deducted from wage etc.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• dx100uk changed the title to SLC Letter for Debts over 6 years old