3 mobile contract cancellation mess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got a problem with 3 mobile network, i got a call from 3rd party company offering me the contract i took up on the offer as my contract was running out, this was on the 4th of august and the next day i recieved the handset but did not like it and i found a better contract so i rang them up on the same day being the 5th of august to cancel, the person gave me an address to return the handset to, unfortunately i misplaced the address and rang them again but this time i was told someone from the customer service team will ring me back and give me the address (after he asked me bout the otehr contract i found and tellin me that they cant match it), however no1 rang me back and i totally forgot about it, until today when i got my bank statement and seen that da money had been debited out my account. so i rang back and i was told that i stil have the contract and have not cancelled it even tho they offered to buy out my existing contract with vodaphone. what do i do??? please helppp

sounds like they never got the phone back? did you post it recorded?

try going to your bank and filling out a direct debit indemnity claim form, then cancel the direct debit.

them try and locate the where abouts on the handset and advise the network to close the account and mark it as in dispute, this will stop them recording negative information to the credit reference agencies.

its going to take a while but at the end of the day even if the address was miss spelt they should hae recived it.

wat happened was i was told on 2 instances someone will ring me back and disconnect and give me an address to send the phone back but no1 rang back for that information despite me calling them a few times, when i rang yesterday they said its been over 14 days so i cant cancel the contract, ive not used the phone or sim they sent.

When you called them the first time, they should have noted the system stating that your were exercising your rights to cancel so as far as i can see regardless the delay of the return of the handset you can proof it has never been used and that you called advising you were terminating the

contract.

As for the failure to call you back is simply appalling customer services. There isn;t much you can do direct with them to be honest.

You might want to take it up with ofcom (Problems with your mobile phone | Ofcom)

Make sure the account is marked as in dispute and cancel your direct debit or they will just keep taking the payments.

Do your best to locate the handset as if its sitting in a royal mail depo then you must get it back and keep proof of when you originally sent it.

Three should then accept that it was posted back as agreed and as the handset was never used why should you have to pay for services you did not use / have access to.