Airline Charges

PJB5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Booked two return tickets to Amsterdam online with Easyjetfor my wife and i. Unfotunately the bookings are both in my name, dont know whose error this was.

Have asked EJ to change but they want me to pay more than the original ticket price again.

I understand why they do this, to stop people reselling. I however am not tryin to resell and fell this is then unfair.

Advice and opinion is sought regarding whether i would have a claim under Contract law, ie: similar to bank charges in that the charges are unreasonable and punitive.

Further they have added the "fare difference", which they sa is £50, but according to their website they have tickets for sale that are only £25 more than what i paid.

Ta

They make you mad, don't they. They must believe you are going to clone yourself for the flight. :rolleyes: Problem is you can't prove whose mistake it was, and that may as well mean it's yours (without getting into technicalities I certainly wouldn't understand). With that in mind there will be a ridiculously small amount of cost incurred by the airline, and they are quite entitled to charge you for it. I bet you would happily pay thier true costs, eh!

Not many people understand the re-selling thing and go mad, kudos to you for not doing so (I'd have gone grrrrrr etc) :) As you may have picked out, this perfectly good reason is used as an excuse by the airline to cover every eventuality, thus stopping people re-selling and all the while racking up profits. :rolleyes: Well, racking up dosh they don't really deserve, at least.

I would think the whole business is knocked about as a service, and wouldn't rate your chances of getting it back. :( I would point out that they are advertising the fare cheaper than they are stating, and are willing to pay that partial fare increase.

One good thing is, should you now choose to not take the flight, all your APD will be returned no questions asked. Most airlines will not, Easyjet will. (All Airlines refund it, but most of the tea-leaves impose an Admin fee that is always the same, or more, than the refund amount).

Edited by Thailand