Please help - TK Maxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am writing as I experienced a very unpleasant situation while shopping with my mother in the TkMax store.

I understand that my actions were slightly wrong but I would be grateful for your advice. I'm describing the situation below.

While shopping my mother saw a Marc Jacobs bag with a loose price tag inside (about 500 pounds). We took out the tag and I asked the sales associates for the price. They answered that the bag is worth 49 pounds (as other bags were worth a similar amount). I just took it to the till and paid.

When we were coming out of the store the security directed us to the interview room where we were made to admit "a dishonest appropriation” of the item. The security staff were almost aggressive while talking to us. I was so stressed that I just admitted it. However, I did not swap the tags and I asked the sales assistants for the price which they quoted. I just paid the amount I was requested to pay.

I would be grateful for any advice and especially the advice about the criminal action taken against me. Will my name figure in the criminal records? One of the security members mentioned the civil recovery but I am still not sure what does it mean.

Regards,

Guest Old_andrew2018
I am writing as I experienced a very unpleasant situation while shopping with my mother in the TkMax store.

If you posted this question without mentioning the store/company name, people reading would ask one question this sis that question "was it TK Maxx", their security staff are bullies as you have discovered.

I understand that my actions were slightly wrong but I would be grateful for your advice. I'm describing the situation below.

While shopping my mother saw a Marc Jacobs bag with a loose price tag inside (about 500 pounds). We took out the tag and I asked the sales associates for the price. They answered that the bag is worth 49 pounds (as other bags were worth a similar amount). I just took it to the till and paid.

When we were coming out of the store the security directed us to the interview room where we were made to admit "a dishonest appropriation” of the item. The security staff were almost aggressive while talking to us. I was so stressed that I just admitted it. However, I did not swap the tags and I asked the sales assistants for the price which they quoted. I just paid the amount I was requested to pay.

I would be grateful for any advice and especially the advice about the criminal action taken against me. Will my name figure in the criminal records? One of the security members mentioned the civil recovery but I am still not sure what does it mean.

Civil recovery I believe is were companies issue a county court claim for damages, they usually try to threaten you with action and offer a settlement.

Regards,

May I ask if police attended.