parent in hospital

mariette
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

URGENT HELP NEEDED, sorry this will be long so bare with me.

My brother has custody of his 3 children , he claims child benefit, icome support and disability allowance as one of the children is disabled, he also has a mobility car.

At the moment he is poorly in hospital and is likely to be there for a few weeks. because it is the school holidays the children are with their mother as agreed by the court.

She has never wanted much to do with the children and dosnt really want them now as she keeps palming them off on other people.

Now she is trying to claim the child benefit for the children even though he gives her money anyway when she has them on the occasional holiday.

can she actually do this and will all the other benefits he gets be transfered to her even though they will be coming home in a couple of weeks .

You need to let the Benefits Agency know regarding income support. I know when my daughter was in hospital for seven months, the income support is reduced despite the fact that I was looking after her 7 year old daughter and paying her utility bills. I did have control of the family allowance. I think it is something like 6 weeks in hospital before it affects the income support. You should have a benefits adviser at your local council, neighbourhood office who should be able to help if you can't get through to the CAB.

good luck.

Local council welfare rights officer is always good.

When your brother and his ex-partner split, was there any legal input towards child custody, maintenance, etc If these things were decided by court/solicitors, then tell the ex to go back to court if she wishes to have anything changed. Might shut her up for a bit (or at least keep her busy).

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 3 weeks later...