Broken Laptop Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

Last November I had my laptop stolen, the insurers replaced it (via iVal and PC World). This was delivered with no documentation etc. Just the laptop. Now fast forward to June this year, the laptop has developed a fault, the power socket has become loose and it will not now charge. The PSU is working fine - I have tested it.

I spoke to iVal they got pc world to send me a letter about the guarantee etc. I have now spoke to PC world and I didnt actually order the laptop - the insurers did. They are refusing to even speak to me as it isnt my name on the purchase. I have spoke to the insurers they said they have done all they can. PC world also want £120 to even look at the damm thing as they think it might be accidental damage.

Can someone give me some advice on where to go from here? Whos responsibility is it for the fixing it? Can I shout at the insurers for supplying dodgy goods and demand a new one for not supplying a guarantee!!

Many Thanks,

Paul

It sounds like a used or returned laptop you were given. I would demand of the insurance company if they ordered a used laptop to be sent to you.

Your first call is on the insurer as it is they who replaced it even if it did come from PC World.

I don't know if you have read any other threads on here Paul, but PC World are on of the biggest disregarders of consumers rights in the country and would rather cut off their right arm than give you your rights.