clayts vs MBNA

clayts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cool - keep going!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

• 2 weeks later...

Jolly nice offer of £400 made in their letter of 24 July - I can't even reject it as they're already sending a cheque for it.

In a perverse kind of way, that helps....I can pay for the Moneyclaim fee using this money :lol:

Will send them a note thanking them for their offer but advising them that as the LBA deadline has now passed I will be pursuing them for the remainder :)

Given that MBNA are usually keen to settle I gave them another week today :

Dear Mr Bailey,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx

Thank you for your letter of 24th July 2006, the contents of which are noted.

I am prepared to accept your goodwill payment of £400 as a partial refund of my claim but not as a full and final settlement.

In that regard, I am still seeking a balance of £409 in final settlement from yourselves and on that basis, and to allow you additional time to consider my original request, I am prepared to extend the deadline of my Letter Before Action of 12th July 2006 to Monday 7th August 2006.

I am sure you must agree it is preferable that this matter be dealt with outside of the Small Claims Court system, not least as it would avoid the necessity of MBNA having to pay additional charges of statutory interest/court fees, should the Court find in my favour.

Should a reply not be forthcoming, I will have no alternative but to commence action against you in the terms stated in my Letter Before Action of 12th July 2006.

I look forward to your considered thoughts on this matter.

Yours sincerely