Natwest refund back on card!?!

jdmw21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

A few questions!

NatWest creditcard have offered £434.16 out of £482 i was claiming for... but have 'arranged' for this to be credited back onto the card :(

However I owe £2000 on this card that has now been passed to a DCA...:mad:

1) I would accept the amount offered but do I have any chance of this payed to me via cheque??

2) I have inccured more charges since my intial claim.....can I claim for these back as well?

£) If I can, do I follow the same process??

Any advice welcome :)

I am not sure how far you have got with this claim, so i'm assuming you have sent the prelim and lba letters.

They cant pass the debt to a DCA if you are in the process of claiming back your charges. Your account is in dispute. I will put a letter at the end of this post for you to send.

The banks very rarely pay by cheque unless the account is closed. They will pay it into the account, but if you owe a debt, then at least it helps clearing it.

Have you filed at court yet? If not then you can keep adding on new charges up until you do.

You can send a rejection letter for the £434.16, asking for the full amount and include the new total. And carry on with your claim.

Here is the link for the rejection letters.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

And here is the letter in dispute you need to send.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of these debts with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action or payment shall be made until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .