Stolen sim!! Can u get ur money back from a direct debit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys

Basically someone has stolen my mobile's simcard and racked up massive bills for three consequtive months.

This account was dormant before. I never used this simcard, as i had another phone with more minutes. This sim was only costing me £4 a month so i never really bothered using it.

As i am a university student i don't live at home. So i dont get a chance to see my mobile phone bills or bank statements on a monthly basis.

I only noticed these outgoings yesterday when i returned home from travelling!:mad:

Surely their fraud detection service should have recognised these abnormal bill statements. A 5000% increase between two bills.

Do you know if there's any way i can get my money back from the mobile company as there was a direct debit set up. There is also a bill pending which i am refusing to pay by stoping the direct debit that was set up.

It'd be great if someone could offer me some advice!!

Many Thanks

D

The short blunt answer is.... nope.

You are liable for all charges on your sim card. If your sim card is lost/stolen it is your responsibility as the account holder to inform the mobile network who can then stop the sim card so nobody can use it. You will still, however, be liable for all charges incurred up until this point.

• 3 weeks later...

ladybunny as long as you inform the network within 24 hours normally they wave any calls. however the rest of what you said is correct, op is responsible.

OP if you were the network and i called you and said sorry but my sim was stolen three months back so i am not paying you how would you take it. After all i'd then be leaving you out of pocket for my ignorance.

if you had insurance try getting them to pay but i have a feeling they will same much the same as the network.

sorry but i think you up the (badword) creek without a paddle.

Edited by Curr946