Virgin Media debt and moorcroft

peppapig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my partner had a debt with virgin media which went to moorcroft they are telling me that i have the debt because it was supplyed to this address and a cca can be found because it was done over the phone

the thing is do we set up a repayment to them or vm

I have no legal knowledge but if the debt was for your partner and not joint then you are not responsible for it. Have you sent a CCA because there has to be some paperwork relating to the start of this debt or anyone can make anything up!

Then if you post on the site any documents that you receive someone will be able to advise you on what to do.

sorry typing error basically telling my partner that a cca cannot be found because the account was set up over the phone and virgin media connected to our address to it proves he owns the debt

what should he do pay moorcroft the debt or not

Guest daewoo21

Virgim media is covered cy cca.

When you have their services, they send you one to sign after installation and it states its a cca under 1974 act. Never sent mine back and Know others that didnt either.

Guest daewoo21

Dont pay moorcroft anything and make sure you check account for default charges. if its not your debt or they cant produce cca dont pay anything.

they wont produce CCA as it is not covered by the cca1974. Even tho u recieve a contract to sign that says cca of 1974 then when they deafult u they say under the cca of 1974.

u could always send if a prove it letter asking for a copy of ur signed contract. It may work the same way as a cca.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Guest daewoo21

Worked for friend of mine.

Debt with virgin got passed to morcroft. I wrote to virgin for them asking for signed cca, stated about unlawfull default charges and sed account was in dispute.

Virgin and moorcroft both sodded off to not be heard off again.

yes they are easy to get rid off eventually. but VM no the law on this. moorcroft left to after i threatened them with harrassement for calling my mobile.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

the is my partners debt i cancel virgin media as he was in hospital having treatment for cancer, the debt passed to moorcroft have said that they unable to provide a copy of your agreement as the contract was taken out over the phone as ,service has been supplied at your property this makes you liable for the account ,ive been busy sorting out my bank charges and stuff and so i sent moorcroft cca request just to give me a bit of breathing space while i sort it out but what i do now

u can just tell them to bog off.

thet tell u things cause they think u are stupid. i disagree virgin are aware of the law i know i have quoted it to them.

Virgim media is covered cy cca.

When you have their services, they send you one to sign after installation and it states its a cca under 1974 act. Never sent mine back and Know others that didnt either.

I will say this only ONCE more, for the hard of hearing or [edited]

Utilities, phones, entertainment services, broadband, etc are NOT covered by CCA at all.

They come under the heading of small amounts and are due for payment in ONE instalment, hence ZERO credit is offered and they are exempt.

Edited by jonni2bad

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

the is my partners debt i cancel virgin media as he was in hospital having treatment for cancer, the debt passed to moorcroft have said that they unable to provide a copy of your agreement as the contract was taken out over the phone as ,service has been supplied at your property this makes you liable for the account ,ive been busy sorting out my bank charges and stuff and so i sent moorcroft cca request just to give me a bit of breathing space while i sort it out but what i do now

Moorcroft are talking rubbish. When the engineer arrives to install the equipment he brings a contract for you to sign. And leaves a copy with you.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Guest daewoo21

Just had a look on another website and the person quotes that Virgin Media have sent him a default notice, served under section 87(1) of the consumer Credit Act 1974.

Hence confusion.

daewoo dont use swear words. And no Curlyben is not one of those Curly and i have tried to explain that the cca1974 does not apply to this type of account. Just because they say it does it doesnt mean it does.

If i was to say to u that this peice of paper say u owe me £7k would u just take it as the truth?

Moorcroft are talking rubbish. When the engineer arrives to install the equipment he brings a contract for you to sign. And leaves a copy with you.

Palomino.

I am not doubting if this is what is suspose to happen but i can safely say that on the 3 occassions we have had Vm for tv or phone this has not happened. The engineer did notleave us a copy of anytype of agreement nor did they leave us anytype of documentation.

If they have u then i am glad but i can safely say when they installed ours they did not.

We are with VM or internet and they did not leave us anything then either.

Guest daewoo21

I have to agree. virgin media,as far as I know always send the agreement through the post after installation of services.

yes but the catch is if.

I have been with VM for my internet since nov 06 and i am still to see any tcs for the net. Also a few years b4 i was with them for tv and phone, which i no longer have thanks to sky not being on VM, and i did not get any t+Cs or even told them over the phone not that they coulsd tell me them all.

Does this mean we have accepted the late payment charges as they are in the T & C?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

yes but the new charges for non dd are not in the old agreements.

The oft think these are unfair on ppl that pay by internet banking telephone banking or bacs

But if they are unfair they are unfair- I thought that was it!??! Unfair terms and conditions?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• dx100uk changed the title to Virgin Media debt and moorcroft