First National Consumer Finance

NeilP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having got the bug for this now :lol: i have read the T&C's for the HP agreement that i took out when purchasing my membership to GVC (The Grand Vacation Club :evil: don't talk to me about it though!). The T&C's clearly state

'... the customer must pay FNB all of the money that it reasonly costs FNB to deal with any returned unpaid items of that kind.'

Needless to say that i will be sending them a letter very shortly. However, it also states that

Interest will be added to the unpaid costs at the rate stated in letter D on the front of this agreement...

For me, this interest rate was 19.7% APR at the time of signing the agreement, it has risen several times since the agreement was made in Oct 2000.

Question. As this is a HP agreement, and the costs have simply been added to the account. Should i simply be requesting that these costs are simply removed from this account, and the accounts interest recalculated over the period in question?

Have they levied some charges then?

I like the T&C that you have quoted. This acually is an honest and well expressed T&C. A shame if they have gone and spoiled it by getting greedy about their charges.

How many pages is the contract? Could we have a scan?

So, back to the question....! :lol:

Should i be simply requesting that they remove these fees from my account and re-calculate the interest?

Thanks

Neil.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks