o2 problem please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am with o2 since april after switching from tiscali which they are absolutly awfull to deal with. we took the package at 12.50 ( sorry i am not very technically minded). A month later we moved out we phone them in advance they told us no problem etc..... .

when we moved out we discoverd that we didn't have an internet connection and we had to wait for 2 weeks fine annoying but hey ... anyway one month and a hald later still no connection to internet. o2 blaming Bt etc.... . anyway all this time we have been paying for a service which we didn't get.

then after numerous complaint on the phone, they allow us to have internet broadband mid junes .... to my surprise today check my bill online and discover they have been charging me an extra ten pound since may. we had no notification etc.. their answer well it was say online yes but at the time i did not have any internet thanks to you ...

the 10 pounds extra relate to the fact that o2 has had to ask bt to install a piece of conenction to allow us to have braodband . indeedd, apparently they did not have this piece of equipment ot allow us to receive broadband connection.

since then O2 has contracted bt and so they are charging us 10 pounds extra for that ! i think it is a ripp off as we are contracted with o2 and not bt . when we complaint they told us then can do even though it is not mention into the contract and they can charge for whatever they want etc..... i refute saying that we signed a contract with you for 12.50 fpr a braodband connection with O2 .

are they allow to charge us for their own problem and issue ? hwo can we complaint regarding that ?

Sounds like your original broadband was an LLU (Local Loop Unbundled. they unplugged you from BT's broadband equipment and plugged you into theirs) which costs them significantly less than if they put you thrugh BT's equipment (as they would have to pay BT X amount) That cost is passed on to you.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

As locutus has said, you've gone from o2 equipment to BT equipment, i.e the exchange for your old address had o2's broadband kit in the exchange and the exchange for your new address is not o2 enabled hence you have to use BT's kit, and the additional charge made to o2 by BT is passed on to you.

o2 would be correct in blaming BT for the delay in connection of broadband at your new address, as it is BT Openreach who has to do these connections and o2 have no control over how long BT Openreach take to do the job. However I would have expected o2 to have made a gesture of goodwill by creditiing back 1 months subs. You wil need to take this up with the broadband team in Glasgow.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

ok thanks locutus i stil think it is unfair as they were no mention of cost passing onto me ...

regarding the LLu i don't think the previous tenant had somerhing as O2 ask us to ring bt in may to confirm if any tag were placed on the line bt told us no they are nothing whatsoever placed onto it and they couldn't understand why it was taking so long for O2 to reinstall braodband connection.

i still feel like i was taken for a mughead lol

For you to have been charged £12.50 prior to moving for your o2 broadband, your local exchange would have had o2 equipment installed. The broadband side of your phone line would have been connected to this, whilst the phone would have remained connected to BT.

It is only recently that o2 have been able to extend their broadband service to non LLU exchanges by them purchasing wholesale broadband from BT.

Essentially what has happened is that you have been moved from o2 Home Broadband (£12.50 pm non o2 mobile customers) to o2 Home Broadband Access (£22.50 pm non o2 mobile customers).

since then O2 has contracted bt and so they are charging us 10 pounds extra for that ! i think it is a ripp off as we are contracted with o2 and not bt . when we complaint they told us then can do even though it is not mention into the contract and they can charge for whatever they want etc..... i refute saying that we signed a contract with you for 12.50 fpr a braodband connection with O2 .

You are correct in what you have said here in terms of the pricing, it is the broadband team who are incorrect.

11 What happens if you move?

11.1. If your new premises are in an area that’s covered by the Services, the Services can be moved to your new premises, provided you give us written notice, to be received by us at least seven (7) days before the expected moving date. There will be some downtime between disconnection from your old premises and reconnection at your new premises and you will not be refunded any Charges for that period of downtime unless you terminate your the Services pursuant to clause 7.6(b).

11.2. We will only move the Services to another premises for free once in any 12-month period. Additional moves will incur a charge of £50 per move.

11.3. If your broadband package is not available at the new address you will be automatically moved to another available package which is provided at the same price or the next lowest price.

11.4. If we are unable to provide Services to your new premises, then the cancellation terms in clause 7 will apply.

11.3 applies as you moved from an LLU exchange to a non LLU exchange, irrespective of the amount o2 have to pay BT, your monthly charge should have remained at £12.50 by o2 Broadband's T&C. This then gives you the option under section 7 of the T&C to cancel within contract term.

7 What is the contract period and how does it end?

7.4. After the Cooling Off Period, you may terminate your contract:

(a) by sending us thirty (30) days’ notice in writing via the O2 Broadband customer service email address given on the Contact Us page of o2.co.uk/help/broadband or to the postal address: O2 Broadband Customer Service, Skypark 4, 8 Elliott Place, Glasgow, G3 8EP.

You must pay all Charges incurred during the thirty (30) days. If termination is effective within the Minimum Term, you will also pay a £50 early cancellation charge; or 3

(b) by paying an express cancellation fee of £15 and all Charges that would have been incurred during the usual thirty (30) day notice period. If termination is effective within the Minimum Term, you will also have to pay a £50 early cancellation charge. Service will be terminated usually within four (4) days after receipt of your express cancellation notice in writing; or

© if we increase the Charges or change the Terms to your significant disadvantage, (other than where such increases in Charges or change to the Terms arise as a consequence of a change in prices, tariffs, terms or otherwise made or requested by third party manufacturers or suppliers, or a regulatory body), by giving us thirty (30) days’ written notice within thirty (30) days of us informing you of the changes.

You must pay all Charges incurred during the thirty (30) days’ notice period. However, if termination is effective within the Minimum Term, you will not be charged a £50 early cancellation charge.

o2 will try and argue that you are not able to cancel under 7.4© as the additional charge is due to BT, however 11.3 cannot be superceeded by 7.4 without this becoming an unfair contract term.

You will need to contact the broadband customer services to raise this complaint and will need to do so in writing pointing out the T&C as detailed above. In your letter give o2 14 days to respond. Send the complaint by recorded delivery to:

O2 Broadband Customer Service

Skypark 4

8 Elliott Place

Glasgow

G3 8EP

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

thank you install park this is what i was saying all along to O2 customer services but it si harder than u think to make your point across to them.

i can understand when there is some constraint or technical issuie but to move us without any notification whatsoever it is a bit rich to say the least ! if they had gave me the chance then i would have the opportunity to make an informed choice .

thank you again . wil keep you posted

thank you install park this is what i was saying all along to O2 customer services but it si harder than u think to make your point across to them.

And it's just as bad being on the other side of the fence, when you're trying to get another dept to deal with a call that does not come under retention's remit, so can imagine how difficult it is for their customers ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

hi i had sent a letter as suggested by install park and guess what they still haven't asnwered anything back

they had the cheek to send me a bill for the wrong amount as i am up to date with them ... they are reallky like the same as other big company .... so i shall send a letter before action or something to that effect

I would call and get a MAC code and move provider. They are going to keep charging you more, so you won't know when to draw the line and issue the proceedings.

Once the move has gone through, then send them a final letter before legal action, stating your claims and that you intend to issue county court action for the month you never received the broadband due to whatever faults it were - you should not have been charged, plus the £10 per month extra that you were charged.

Also state that as you didn't have the internet - which they knew - the e-mail couldn't have been received, therefore they should have sent you a letter and had you received notice you would have cancelled.

Claim the amounts plus 8% interest per annum [pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984] and try to sneak in the cost of sending the letter before action by special delivery [on the basis that you need to confirm they received it as they didn't respond to the first letter].

If they try to claim cancellation charges, repeat that you didn't have the internet therefore couldn't receive their letter and therefore couldn't cancel within the time frame they gave you.

Send the final letter before legal action to their registered office as opposed to their customer "services" office, as that is the address that you will need to write on the Claim Form and serve the Claim Form & Particulars of Claim on.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to help.

Please keep us posted.

Good Luck.

Edited by legalpickle
minor addition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

thnak you legal picker i already ask for my mac code last month i am still waiting to received it !

when i told them about the fact i didn't have internet as such could not get access to the e-mail they told me yes they u can hacve acces go to an internet cafe to which i replied well then why i am paying o2 to provide a non existen services and to go to aninternet cafe !

i will do as you suggest and l i like you idea of chargin them a cost for my letter shoudl i charge them 25 pounds ( lol being cheeky here !)

can you recommand a good internet provider ? i was previosuly with tiscali which were really bad customer services wise. but at least i did have an internet connection for the 4 years i was with them.

thnak you legal picker i already ask for my mac code last month i am still waiting to received it !

when i told them about the fact i didn't have internet as such could not get access to the e-mail they told me yes they u can hacve acces go to an internet cafe to which i replied well then why i am paying o2 to provide a non existen services and to go to aninternet cafe !

i will do as you suggest and l i like you idea of chargin them a cost for my letter shoudl i charge them 25 pounds ( lol being cheeky here !)

can you recommand a good internet provider ? i was previosuly with tiscali which were really bad customer services wise. but at least i did have an internet connection for the 4 years i was with them.

I was only recommending charging your special delivery [£4.60 minimum] expense on your letter. Not charging the cost of the letter, they'll deliberately try and get that thrown out, so don't try your luck that much. My experience is they normally include the special delivery cost plus interest on it in settlements and some judge's accept it and some say no, it's costs and you know the rule of costs in small claims - no no.

But charging for your time on dealing with the letter would not be a smart move, not in court proceedings anyway. [unless we're talking about costs issues which is a whole different story].

I refuse to recommend internet service providers. I've been through so many and had troubles, I can't recommend any anymore. I'm currently with Nildram, who are incidentally owned by Tiscali [who I have previously sued and received £399.21 in full settlement] but have only been with them for less than 2 months and am not over the moon. They are better than Tiscali, but that doesn't take much!

I was previously with Demon [Thus PLC] and on Tuesday I issued a claim against them. Before that UK Online [never even went live!], BE [owned by O2], Tiscali - sued and settled with all the above! NTL [now VM] - dispute eventually settled. Wanadoo - didn't even go live, eventually settled dispute. Can't remember any further back!

So you see, my luck with broadband is terrible, so if I recommend a company, most likely you are going to have troubles with them ;-)

My experience has been the smaller the company the better. My landlines are with 'The Phone Co-op' which has been relatively Ok, sorting out any small issues relatively quickly [and you will have small issues at least with whoever you use as they're either running off BT equipment or it is VM!] but I'm loathe to give them my broadband in case the bad luck ruins the good relationship for the landlines [i have 3 landlines!]!

Good luck anyway and please keep us posted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

Try this link to see what is available to you... if you choose to swap using this link, CAG get some money for the referal.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/62482-check-here-see-if.html

Also trawl thrugh CAG and the net to research the company before you switch. Make sure you're not just trading one horror story for another.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

tyhanks again iwil trawl through the net !

regarding the 25 pounds charge, this was a joke on my part nothing else ! i am aware that if i claim that the judge will Have a laugh at me .

regarding braodband i didn't have much luch myself each phone i had before i had some issue at some point or other regarding billing, technicalities etc.... i hope great hope for 02

but obviosuly i may have expected a bit too much.

thanks too locutus will have a really good look.

• 2 weeks later...

i just had a talk with one of their supervisor yesterday .. aparently they do not want me to give my MAC code as they want me to pay for a cancelation fee.. i told them i will not pay for it as you have breach your own term and condition and as such i have right o request my MAC code as you have still not respinded to my letter of complaint ...

then the guy was saying i cna't find your letter and isay well it is funny becaue you have received it on at the beginning of the month then i gave him the recorded delivery number and suddenly he remembered that wrote a letter of complaint ohh a miracle ! lol so i have to wait for them to get back to me. but he saod as i am on a contract and i will have to pay a cancellation fee to which i replied then u are enforcing an unfair term of contract .

do u know what should i do to get it ?

i just had a talk with one of their supervisor yesterday .. aparently they do not want me to give my MAC code as they want me to pay for a cancelation fee.. i told them i will not pay for it as you have breach your own term and condition and as such i have right o request my MAC code as you have still not respinded to my letter of complaint ...

then the guy was saying i cna't find your letter and isay well it is funny becaue you have received it on at the beginning of the month then i gave him the recorded delivery number and suddenly he remembered that wrote a letter of complaint ohh a miracle ! lol so i have to wait for them to get back to me. but he saod as i am on a contract and i will have to pay a cancellation fee to which i replied then u are enforcing an unfair term of contract .

do u know what should i do to get it ?

Keep calling without telling them the results of the previous call. Demand to go through to the complaints team.

They are not allowed to refuse to give you a MAC code. If there is a cancellation charge then just say that you will deal with that when you have changed over, without saying that you will or won't pay it, just that you will "deal" with it, but only once you have moved provider.

Tell them you're not stupid, you're going to have to deal with it in some way as otherwise it's going to damage your credit record, so rest assured you will "deal" with it.

I'd also say "OFCOM have told me that you cannot refuse to give me a MAC code" see if the name drop gets things moving any faster :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

thank you again i will do that i have another phoen call form o2 this time they told me that they will refund me and put me back on 12.50/month bu ti do nedd to make a payment first of 22.50/month WTF ?!?!?

but still no mention of my MAC code when i mentin the guy keep telling me we will sort you out don't leave we are a people company etc... so for th emoment i will wait their e-mail confirming they good will gesture .

why they always have to play it silly ? i really wonder sometimes

• 5 weeks later...

anyay i have sent them a lBA 14 dasy agos and i still haven't had any answered from them not even a phone call or e-mail ....

even they promise me to refund the money plus to charge me 10.50 month they still haven't action it and they had the cheek to charge once more for bill i have already paid since april./ so now i want to take them to court.

i would be grateful if someone can word it for me please !

anyay i have sent them a lBA 14 dasy agos and i still haven't had any answered from them not even a phone call or e-mail ....

even they promise me to refund the money plus to charge me 10.50 month they still haven't action it and they had the cheek to charge once more for bill i have already paid since april./ so now i want to take them to court.

i would be grateful if someone can word it for me please !

Please repeat what happened again clearly, with the amounts - but not with any personal information - and I'll try my best. I'm unavailable on Tuesday and Wednesday so if anybody beats me to it, go ahead.

soory must have been rushing lol

when i first send them my request f or a refund and to reconsider their price change .. after much discussion with their call centre after i had requested my MAC code i receivd a confirmation e-mail stating this this was end of august

" Dear Mr xxxx

I am writing to you with regards to your letter dated 31st July 2008, regarding your official complaint.

I apologise for the time delay with regards to this issue but i can assure you that we have investigated your issue thoroughly, We hope this issue does not reflect on your overall experience with your O2 Broadband service in the future.

As i explained to you on the telephone we are going to refund your account with £36.41 which is the difference of £23.91 plus 1 month £12.50 back to your account, we require that you make a manual payment of by Debit/Credit card for the sum of £26.85 which will show on your future payment invoice.

This will bring your account up to date with a monthly payment remaining at the original price structure of £12.50 for the remainder of your contract. We also hope to have your new exchange updated so that you can resume your previous connection speeds that you had at your previous address.

Once again we apologise and that this was not resolved before you had to write to us. "

although the call centre guy was very helpfull and friendly, even though i was realy frustrated at them it promised that will happned in the next few days or so

However i di question why they wanted me to pay an extra 26.85 when i i already paid all money already for the full 22 pounds .. so i waited to see if i wil have the refund first before doing anything else.... well they haven't done it and to top it all they tried totake by DD the grand sum of 74 pounds or so for bills had already paid to them !

so haveing fed up by the run araound from them i decied to issue a letter before action in mid september ( i know a bit late but i am really busy at the mo) i still haven't receive an answer at all not even an apology for their mistake once more. in this LBA i put also my original letter of complaint , a copy of thier email and a copy of my billing account showing clearly that i am not in arrears whatsoever !

however i had received an email regarding my monthly bill saying i do not owed them anything this i month as i am in credit !?!?!!? but i did receive a phone call a week agos threatening me to cut my internet services for the araears to which i do not owe !

i am getting really frsutrated by them as they are confusing me more and more

Edited by phat256