£14 in 2002 - has this been considered?

indebtstudent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really wish the test case didn't exist, I'd LOVE to see a question style debate with the great and the good from the banking industry verses us ordinary folks. You see the facts are so against them it would be very entertaining IMO.

Moving swiftly on, I should first apologise if this has already been done to death, I have a dreadful success rate with any kind of serach function on a forum. Now that that's done I would like to know if there is anyway to make a big deal of the fact pointed out in the title.

As far as I'm aware Natwest currently has the largest charges and has done for some time (I mean in terms of the one off fee, I understand some alternative charging structures generate a higher total). Thing is back in 2002 Unauth borrowing fee was £14. Even if we're generous and factor in inflation I can't see how it can be acceptable for this amount to have increased to £28.

Also consider the RISK factor, unarranged borrowing could be seen to have a cost as the bank has been forced to take on a risk it did not agree to (I'm being generous here), and yet it costs £38 for an unpaid DD fee (which carries no risk whatsoever). That's just crazy.

Thoughts?

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Indebtstudent, I think the problem is whether the debate is on price or on the reason as to the cause of the charge. The CAUSE of the charge is either irrelevant or the RESULT is more important. The question is, which debate do you want?

CAUSE or RESULT which leads onto fairness of charge.

NatWest charges have been fairly static since 2003/04 time even though the names of the charges may have changed.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf